Proof from the bible the Preaching work was completed in the 1st century

by maccauk 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Actually Jesus had no idea when the parousia would occur.

It would take place at a time that no one could anticipate as opposed to his coming in judgment against Jerusalem the timing of which could be anticipated to the day and from which one could escape, hopefully not on a Sabbath when the city gates would be locked.

Jesus's coming in judgment in 70 A.D. was to be local (Jerusalem Judea and fields surrounding) whereas the parousia was to become a trap for the whole world and precipitate the final judgment...sheep and goats, good servants and bad etc.

The judgment on Jerusalem was to be preceded by signs on abnormal times and followed by slayings and deportations to far off nations whereas the parousia could not be fled from, people would be taken from their beds and from their places of work during normal times.

There is more but typing on my cell is tiresome

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

The issue is - where in Matthew's text is there a division of material - separating Jerusalem's judgement from world judgement?

• maccauk
    maccauk

no but he knew the generation

• maccauk
    maccauk

it was the day and the hour he did not know but the generation he did know that all things might be fulfilled

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

That's because it was his own generation that would experience these calamities.

His coming in judgement on Israel was not his parousia. That is still future.

• maccauk
    maccauk

its done because the great tribulation was one time only never to be repeated in Jesus own words the great tribulation was before the destruction in 70ad messiah told them all the things they would go through and some would still be alive when he returned

Are any of the Apostles still alive so how can it be to come along with the high priest who he told would see him return with all his angles is the high priest still alive walking the earth today

• Moster
    Moster

maccauk

I have had more than enough preaching in my life time - take it somewhere else please.

• maccauk
    maccauk

stop reading it then

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit