Open letter to all JWs

by EdLogan 6 Replies latest jw friends

• EdLogan
    EdLogan

I know. It is useless for you to contact me, I already know that according to the new update of the governing body, you can contact me.

But the problem is... you can only invite me to meetings, and at most say "hello" once I'm there.

I already know.

So, if you really want to know how I'm doing, even if it's irrelevant for the purposes of this contact, I'll tell you.

I am not well. I'm depressed and full of psychotropic drugs. Of course, being isolated from everyone I knew and loved didn't help.

Here's how I am.

And for a thousand reasons, there is no question of becoming an "associate" in the congregation again.

Ergo, it's useless.

There's no point in contacting me, because that's the only goal.

It's not out of a rush of love. I cannot judge your individual consciences, but I know well that if you contact me there is only one purpose, it is a well-targeted contact. It's not out of sincere interest.

So, I already told you.

If you delude yourself that my state of mind changes, just because you can say "come to the meeting" and "hello" to me, knowing that I will not join again for the reasons you already know, you are wrong.

But I say this with great pain.

If you are under the illusion that your organization can improve its reputation with this clearly strategic move, you are wrong.

If you think that people will forget all the years you ignored your loved ones as unworthy criminals, you are wrong.

If you delude yourself that we are all idiots, you are wrong.

If you delude yourself that this falsely kind gesture will erase years of intense pain, well...

You are wrong.

I love you, but you don't love me.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

What a heart rending letter.

I feel for you. So many of us can relate. It seems to be the thing that exjws who have moved on and up after leaving. Who have left young, healthy, full of ambition and thrived out in the world, are interviewed publicly everywhere.

Not so much those of us whose pain is such that we haven't. That's not so say our success stories don't feel pain because every damn one of us does and then some😡

You have my sincere best wishes and empathy for what you're going through.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

That sucks, bro!

You're completely right, changing a bit now doesn't change that they were cruel to you when it matters. If the old treatment is wrong now, it was wrong then, yet your loved ones treated you appallingly, not because it was their natural instinct, but because they were told to by a bunch of arseholes. A bunch of arseholes who haven't changed, who aren't any more loving than they used to be, but who need to convince the world's governments that they have changed.

It begs the question, if they are Jehovah's loving organisation, why do they have to try to look less hateful?

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

My open letter would be just be just don't bother! You're Bullshit!

• Equilibria74
    Equilibria74

Hi 🙃

OK first of all the fact that you're here at all. Says something. But the only one who can address it at this point of time. Is JEHOVAH. I don't assume to know what you've gone through. But how can people show you what you need if you keep rejecting all those that try to reach out to you. People are trying and Jehovah is forgiving.

Jehovah "KNOWS" what you need and hes the only one who can fix it. . Whatever you are going through start trusting the only one that deserves your trust. Stop rejecting his "right hand of righteousness. " Take it! Before he stops offering it!

ISAIAH 48: 17,18 ~

This is what Jehovah says, your Repurchaser, the Holy One of Israel:+

“I, Jehovah, am your God,

The One teaching you to benefit yourself,*+

The One guiding you in the way you should walk.+

18 If only you would pay attention to my commandments!+

Then your peace would become just like a river+

And your righteousness like the waves of the sea.+

I hope the rest of your day is better than the last and you see some hope and light and the end of your tunnel...and most of all I hope you take this message in the spirit it was intended.

Leanna

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Your words reflect the feelings of many who have visited here. According to a traditional reckoning this is the 4th stage of grief, the 5th is acceptance. May the 5th come speedily for you.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ED LOGAN:

I never received any such letter and I’m Glad. Of course, I’m a long-time ‘Fader’ and not DF’d (unless they do such things without you knowing it). 🤣

I know of someone who received such a communication from an old friend.. They got a printed tract invitation of the JW religion’s memorial celebration along with an impersonal note telling them where in their city it would be held.. This person has happily moved on with their life and is debating whether or not they should reply.

If I had received such a letter, I would reply:

“Dear So-and-So, I received your note and invitation to the memorial. While it is nice to hear from you, I am afraid the ONLY reason you reached out was because the religion gave you ‘permission’ because they are trying to attract people back into the religion. This is pathetic and unacceptable to me. Does the religion believe people are stupid?

I only wish your sentiment was true friendship and not forced with an agenda to get people back in seats at the hall.. If, at any time, you desire real friendship with nobody forcing you or suggesting you get in touch with me, I would always welcome it. Sincerely,..”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit