WT, and more contact, Do you think it is Narc Hoovering?

by Wakanda 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

The behavior from the Org lately had me a bit confused, as it seemed to fall outside of their norm. I'm not talking the hardcore Armageddon wishers texting each other about peace and security, etc.* But, the elders contacting people daily, and having extra meetings where they have all their additional rules. They could care less for years, and now they are so "lovingly" trying to get everyone super active? (no t.p., shopping for elderly, food for elderly or anything useful, btw) On the other hand some are not contacted at all, and that made me ponder a bit too. Although, I must admit I just thought that they all know you are a dangerously mentally diseased apostate!^ But, I think you are cool. It got me thinking of the Narcisisstic Hoover, and I watched a video about it. It said it is hard to avoid, but think about the future faking from the past. In JW land that would be the paradise "carrot". She said, "You are in the future now. Are you where the Narcissist said you would be? Then why believe him now?" Anyway, she also said the trigger for the Narcissist to hoover (named because they try to suck back their victims) is feeling vulnerable and needy for some reason. It happens after a separation, and the GB were separated from a lot of their flock for a week or two, and they must feel vulnerable to this sickness since they are the target demographic. They, of course, felt vulnerable because a break means people leave. Then there is "never let a good crisis go to waste" and the sucking in POMIs just in case this is "the last of the last days". Remember in the early 90s, they were saying "we are deep in the time of the end". I wasn't going to link the video, but here it is. Let me know what you think of my thoughts and/or the video if you want. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIbRFv6sIOk

*Meh, IDK, since I believe a lot, not all, of this has it's roots in conversations with people at the branch starting rumors, and that comes from the top. I heard from someone who talked to a bethelite since this started that bethel is thinking this may be the beginning of the end, so there. ? Heresy I know,

^Complete narcissist discard.

ps. One rule on power is to get others to do your power play, and that is the GB using elders and COs.

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

I also think women are more likely to be contacted because the org does not think women own their minds. They think we get ideas from elsewhere, and are weak minded. Ha! Come and talk little flying monkeys. Let me show you a hint or two to start thinking.

Edit to say: People are going back because they did not do enough research.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

WAKANDA:

I think the JW religion is ramping up their efforts to get to people because they are afraid that no physical meetings equals loss of control over their members!

I think they also know that when the last of the very elderly pass away..they are not going to get much in the way of donations anymore. Nobody is going to do what these people did, IMO. They would like to reactivate inactives to compensate for this!

You have probably read about how they are getting Witnesses to get Zoom hooked up so they can ‘attend’ the meetings and be seen on screen - being told they should dress up in their own house, etc.

I would never tolerate this in my home but Witnesses will tolerate anything, sad to say.

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

Yes totally agree.

Flying monkey from the wicked witches of Warwick.

They've probably chased up the inactive ones and gaslight them that the end is near again and it's the last of the last days and put pressure on them to return or else . make the flying monkey elders look good to the co .

Then once things go back to normal most will hopefully disappear again.

• millie210
    millie210

I dont know but I would love to know what the head Narcs up at headquarters are thinking right now.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The powerful slave masters like to keep aware of what their slaves are doing.

• sir82
    sir82
    I think the JW religion is ramping up their efforts to get to people because they are afraid that no
    physical meetings equals loss of control over their members!

Bingo.

You hit the target more squarely than Errol Flynn splitting the arrow in "The Adventures of Robin Hood".

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Yes, they're trying very hard to make sure the JW are still controlled, kept busy, and given some sort of superficial purpose.

It appears my wife's congregation has setup a schedule (for the sisters) to call each other daily. At least once a day some JW lady calls my wife. Next day another one. It wouldn't surprise me if the callers report back to an elder.

This activity is so good for a high control group:

• Both callers and called are kept busy, no time to think or research.
    • The callers find purpose in 'helping' their fellow victims
    • The called feel 'loved'
    • The org maintains control over both.

With no opportunity to reinforce the persecution complex and fill time with preaching door to door or next to a cult cart, this will work very well.

• menrov
    menrov

I guess most JW's suddenly see that other religions do a lot more to help people, also non-religious organisation etc. All this is reported in the news. WT might see the threat that their R&F can start to join these non-JW approved activities. So, they decided to mimic these acts of charity but of course, only among themselves.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

That slamming the pharisees in the book study part about the widows mite made me think how they worry about outward appearances; dressing up for zoom, acting pious. Look in the mirror

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit