How Judgemental Religions Wreck Lives

by metatron 12 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

For an example of how judgemental religions wreck lives, take a good, hard, politically incorrect look at Islam

You, as a Muslim, believe that you are favored by God and all others are cursed infidels deserving death and hellfire.

...... but there's one problem

Your life sucks

Your nation sucks, your government is corrupt, your culture stopped making progress 400 years ago when they invented algebra,

Worse yet, the infidels are rich, powerful and having fun driving SUVs and chasing naked blonde women.

How do you react? You use denial. You constantly fantasize about conspiracies. You hate Jews because their success

shames you in contrast. You hate the world and NEVER REALIZE that you're caught in a vicious cycle of religiously induced

fantasy --- and reactive failure.

Or you're a JW !!!!!

You have God's favor -- and all others will be slaughtered at Armageddon ..... but.......

Your job sucks, the elders don't care, the Society is corrupt, you are chronically ill, your kids are leading a "double life",

your friends would drop you in a New York minute if you stop attending meetings or get df'd, and you're dependant on Prozac

to get thru the day.

Judgemental religion makes your life suck because you are forever explaining to yourself how it is that you are Favored by God

yet somehow this Divine Favor never seems to manifest itself into a better life --- while the 'infidels' are having fun.

I know I'm generalizing here

but if I ever join another religion

It isn't going to be one that incessantly demands that I look down

at the rest of the human race -- and then suffer as I try to tell myself why they aren't cursed

while I don't feel much of any blessing.

metatron

• SwordOfJah
    SwordOfJah

So, if one is not rich, powerful, having fun driving SUVs and chasing naked blonde women then there is no blessing from God?

Sounds like something a teen would say.

• Francois
    Francois

Well, Butter Knife of Jah, I see you're not the sharpest knife in the drawer in more ways than one. Figures of speech just leave you speachless, don't they now?

francois

• sf
    sf
    Figures of speech just leave you speachless, don't they now?

ROFLOL...yea, so does freedoms of such speech. Don't they now?

LOLOLOL!!

By the by, why is it you spell 'speech' correctly yet fumble with 'speachless'?

Sort of an oxy moron. Emphasis on the Moron.

Better plead the fifth Frank!!

I'd invite you into yahoo for a voice chat, yet somehow I don't think you could handle my freedoms of 'speach' nor would you survive my intoxicating tongue that ejaculates the kind of venom that would eat you up like acid. Wanna add me to your 'friends list'? Got balls Frankie? I seriously doubt it. Most of the so-called balls of steel here still decline every time I 'invite' them. Why even AlanF. had a 'good reason'. Praytell!

sKally, watchting all the chickens, KRAP(RHYMES WITH TIT)

• Sara Annie
    Sara Annie
    So, if one is not rich, powerful, having fun driving SUVs and chasing naked blonde women then there is no blessing from God?

Sounds like something a teen would say.

Well if that doesn't just sum up the reason that you can't argue with someone who espouses a wacky belief system, I don't know what would!

SOJ's response is the absolutely typical, textbook myopic reply that you would and should expect from a member of a religion that isolates single lines from bodies of text for use in proving/disproving/forming/revising a rigid belief system. Leave the poor guy alone. He's only doing what he's been taught to do (and doing it very well, I might add!) The elders must be VERY proud of his wisdom in discerning, in true WT fashion, which part of an argument to attack so that you not only minimize your own credibility, but make yourself look foolish by the same mechanism with which you intended to expose the foolishness of your adversary! The key is to remain totally unaware that you're doing it, and SOJ has got that down pat!

As one who loves irony in all of it's forms, I'm immensely tickled by this particular response.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    The elders must be VERY proud of his wisdom in discerning, in true WT fashion, which part of an argument to attack so that you not only minimize your own credibility, but make yourself look foolish by the same mechanism with which you intended to expose the foolishness of your adversary!

Maybe so, but I can't see them being particularly proud of his blatant refusal to follow Society directives to avoid bad association. Great witness, SOJ!

• metatron
    metatron

Since your indoctrination prevents you from grasping the point:

If your life sucks, I don't see any evidence that God likes you.

Duh!

Clear enough?

metatron

• SwordOfJah
    SwordOfJah

I knew what you meant the first time. You are so wrong and all your little buddies too. Most of JWs lifes don't suck because they have a reason to live.

• NaruNaruChan
    NaruNaruChan

SOJ,

Such a poor thing to live for, don't you think? Knocking on doors, serving a cruel Judgmental organization... prove to me you're not a slave for a MANMADE organization and I'll take your opinions to heart.

Naru

(of the Freedom of choice class)

• DJ
    DJ

Sword of ________,

I know who you are. dj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit