Can you live with your self?

by The Rebel 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Being set in our beliefs is a luxury we cannot afford. The survival of the planet depends on the humans populating it getting along. It's not having beliefs that divides and endangers peaceful human relations but as you point out Rebel leaving our mucky footprints on others. Good analogy.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

A mantra I found very useful was - Christ died and the fairies danced - it sort of works on the understanding that in our world while terrible things happen they are only part of life - people are enjoying life and celebrating at the same time. It works for people who take on too much responsibility. Hope u understand what I mean, rebel

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Thank you for the replies...

Looking back on my ministry, I see myself a muderer of people's reality. Because that is what I accomplished on my ministry, having believed and spread Watchtower lies, I therefore now find it hard to throw those lies in the trash bin and believe in a new reality.Yet I want to advance as an individual and find good friends.

This is why I have decided my future crimes will not be judged on what I believe, but who I am, and this is also how I now evaluate people...With most people I meet I usually hope what we believe can be met half way, and the person we are is what counts.

• flipper
    flipper

What Simon & Outlaw said- I agree with those points of view.

I am what I am ( like Popeye used to say ) so I have no choice but to live with myself- unless I take my own life- which I do not desire to do as I enjoy living and enjoy the life I have had post -JW experience with freedom of mind.

I've pretty much shed the JW skin I had when I was more judgmental towards people having been influenced by the WT Society rhetoric and prejudiced views of life. AS Simon stated I try now in my life to be really much more open minded towards other views while still keeping my personal values and personal identity. I'm not a big " group view " type of person- more of an individualist or rogue who considers group opinions - but doesn't join big organizations anymore as I form my own thoughts. I listen and access views- but at the end of the day I have to be happy with what I accept personally within myself. That's the difference now I feel in NOT being controlled by group-think such as WT Society views.

I try to be accepting of people as I hope they are accepting of me. If they aren't - I just move on to more accepting folks who I can communicate with. take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

Hey REBEL , great thread by the way, thanks for posting. Hey Bro- don't beat yourself up too badly over our past JW existence- we all have regrets of course- we were all deceived and manipulated by WT leaders who " used " us for their self serving purposes . The blame should go to WT leaders who lied to us and everyone else. With love & hugs to you from myself and my wife, take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper ( Your brother in arms ) we are true survivors

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I lived on my own for a while. I had some rooms in an otherwise empty house. No phone and fairly isolated.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit