New York Times Jan. 29, 2016

by Gayle 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Gayle
    Gayle

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/29 realestate/jehovahs-witnesses-brooklyn-headquarters-for-sale.html?_r=0

another New York Times article again,,

Hope JWs can see this and acknowledge that the org. is getting lots of big money in all this. Hopefully many will surmise they don't need to knock themselves out in giving so much money to Headquarters.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/31/realestate/jehovahs-witnesses-brooklyn-headquarters-for-sale.html?_r=0

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I noticed know one has left a comment for that article on the NYTimes site, I want to leave one but just don't want to be the first or maybe only one.

• sir82
    sir82

Wow, somehow it never registered with me that the total of their sales so far is about $700 million.

Another $1 billion in the pipeline....

So, again....what the fruit are they doing wheedling for money every chance they get? Where is it all going?

• the comet
    the comet

Love this quote from Richard Devine, watchtower spokesman-

For their part, the Witnesses do not view themselves as being in the real estate business. “Real estate is incidental to our mission,” Mr. Devine said. “We’ve never bought properties on speculation. When we no longer need them, we sell them.”

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome
    I notice how the Brooklyn facility is referred to as a "campus". The new Warwick facility is a "compound". Kind of says it all, doesn't it?. Also sounds like the city won't be sorry to see them go since they contibute nothing.
  • pixel
    pixel
    incidental? As in incidental that they are getting 1 billion? Ok.
  • jhine
    jhine

Shirley there are now 11 comments , including mine .

Jan

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Where is this money all going some ask.

The Borg is **buying** more time. With sales of properties in the $$Billions, it is a massive chunk of change. Also this month, January 2016, marks the beginning of the huge reduction in printed **spiritual food**. Awake magazines and WTs only printed every other month, if I am not mistaken. Correct me if I am wrong, anyone.

Clearly pushing themselves back in to the black, for a bit. I really do see a push to eliminate printed literature within no more than 5 years. The printed age is ending. Expect more branches closing and more Bethelites kicked in the behind and sent to the curb. The only building in the WT kingdom will be that IVORY TOWER in Warwick.

• careful
    careful
    Thanks for the post.
  • pepperheart
    pepperheart
    beth sarim you are right about the reduction of the magazines, 50 million magazines a month less worldwide and from jan 2016 they are undated not january but edition one, its so they can still be giving them out on the trolleys in 12 months time or even 10 years time (ive got some teaching books from the trolleys this week that were printed 10 years ago)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit