Who has read Steven Hassen books?

by Beth Sarim 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

To me personally, Steven Hassen books have had a tremendous influence on my waking-up over the last years.

I have read 3 of his books.

Combating Cult Mind Control(2012 edition)

Freedom of Mind

Releasing the Bonds.

Some cults, churches consider reading Steven Hassen books as being in 'sin' for doing so.

In JWdom, the B. I. T. E. model fits the structure to a perfect ''T''

Behaviour control

Information control

Thought control

Emotional control

A big fat ''yes'' to all of those departments. JWism hits all of those dead on bulls-eye.

If anyone has read any of Steven Hassen books, it would be interesting to hear from you.

• JRK
    JRK

"The Cult of Trump" was a good read too.

JK

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I have never read any of his books however I agree that the B.I.T.E. model certainly fits the JW religion .

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

"The Cult of Trump" was a good read too.

Agreed.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I read "Combatting Cult Mind Control". I'm only sorry that I waited so long to read it. After only a couple chapters into the book I realized that JWism is the "Poster Child" for Cults. The JW model fits PERFECTLY with what Hassan shows to be the methods of a Cult.

It is a MUST READ for any PIMO JW.

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

"Combatting Cult Mind Control" read it when it came out, still own the copy. The BITE model is real and I fell for it. Huge guilt button here.

• Antonio_Madaleno
    Antonio_Madaleno

I read and have all of them. In my coming book I make reference to is books and even include and explain the BITE model to portuguese public.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Desirous;

''I read "Combatting Cult Mind Control". I'm only sorry that I waited so long to read it. After only a couple chapters into the book I realized that JWism is the "Poster Child" for Cults. The JW model fits PERFECTLY with what Hassan shows to be the methods of a Cult.

It is a MUST READ for any PIMO JW.''

. Yes. Good point exactly. ROFL!!! Poser child,LOL!!!!

Anyway. A few months ago there was a video on Bridgette Pfister youtube. channel. She relates how cults always ''offer something, some reward'' for following their disillusions. But she went on to explain '' you-never-get-the-goods.''

You realize this when you hear the Dubs always relate how ''they thought they would never grow old in this system...'', Comments like these. Hurts to listen to that.

• jp1692
    jp1692
    I've read these four books by Hassan:
    • Combating Cult Mind Control
    • Freedom of Mind
    • Releasing the Bonds
    • The Cult of Trump

Releasing the Bonds is, in my opinion, the best one for an ex-JW seeking to understand how they were recruited into and indoctrinated by a cult and how to heal and rebuild their life.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''Releasing the Bonds is, in my opinion, the best one for an ex-JW seeking to understand how they were recruited into and indoctrinated by a cult and how to heal and rebuild their life.''

Agreed. Yes. It was this book, that shows how people get roped-in, to cults like JW's. This book I just finished reading very recently. Ahh, like last week , which triggered me to start this thread, LOL.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit