Identity Theft

by Jerryh 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Perry
    Perry
    what is wrong with simply accepting the gospel Jesus offered and saying so.

Nice post.

Not only is there nothing wrong with it, it is a requirement for salvation.

Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. - Matthew 10: 34-36

But do not think that you will escape a price that must be exacted for accepting Jesus alone for your escape from the coming judgment. I at one time thought that I was smart enough, and slick enough to pull it off and have my cake and eat it too. I was wrong and the Lord meant what he said:

For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. - Luke 12:52

Eventually, everyone must take a public stand, regardless of price. If a person really believes that Jesus' blood is sufficient all by itself to cover their sin, they WILL escape judgment; just as the Israelites escaped judgment at the Passover of the angel in Egypt when he saw the Lambs' blood on the door header and posts.

ONLY those under the blood will be pardoned for their sin.

And just for the record, salvation does not save us from destruction at Armageddon, it saves us from a personal judgment AFTER we die:

it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment - Hebrews 9: 27

And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it...And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. ... And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. - Rev. 20

Faith in the blood of Jesus ALONE saves us from being judged by our works - him being judged in our place and having paid the debt we owe for our wicked works.

This is what the New Covenant offers - "forgiveness of sins" (not government positions for the 144K)

And taking a cup, he offered thanks and gave it to them, saying: “Drink out of it, all of you, for this means my ‘blood of the covenant', which is to be poured out in behalf of many for forgiveness of sins. (NWT) Mt. 26. 27-28

Jehovah's Witnesses have no idea what they are doing when they allow themselves to be lead into rejecting a personal membership into the New Covenant each Memorial.

There will be a very high price to be paid for faith in a church or your works, or any combination of the two. Jehovah is a God exacting exclusive devotion. Any devotion to anything other than the blood of Christ will be rejected as idolatry, regardless of how religious it may seem.

• Jerryh
    Jerryh

thanks for all the comments, you all agree it seems.

tornapart I have come to believe the simple Gospel of Christ that goes against the WT teachings and conforms more to mainstream christianity. I can no longer preach the 'different kind of gospel' that WT teaches. If I go to meetings it's simply for the sake of my family. They still believe in the WT teachings (even if not all) and find they can still follow Christ in their own way. It's hard to try and live the way Christ taught when so much goes against WT teachings but I'm sure he understands You mind if I ask about your situation? Does your family know that you believe the "simple gospel" i.e. the pre 1914 gospel?

Diogenesister thanks for the kind words. I am wondering if Diogenes the Cynic is your identity? :)

findTheLost thanks. (worth more than $0.02) I am wondering if "find the lost" is your identity?

• FindTheLost
    FindTheLost

findTheLost thanks. (worth more than $0.02) I am wondering if "find the lost" is your identity?

Long time ago before all the information on the internet about this organization, I DA'd myself and have been shunned for close to 30 years.

Right now I am trying to find my lost family members. I recently did find a niece posting here 9-12 years ago and that lifted my hope that others might have gotten out. Maybe I will find others as I lurk here.

As to my moniker...that is the reason...I am trying to FindTheLost.

• Jerryh
    Jerryh
    Perry thanks for your response. You remind me of me, ready throw down. I have had to mellow a tad.
  • Perry
    Perry

You are very welcome Jerry.

Once I got the concept through my head, I couldn't believe it was really as simple as that. After 10 years, I'm just as ready to "throw down" with those that try to make this complicated as I was at first. Too much at stake to back off.

Everyone should be applying greater and greater pressure on JW's to explain how their sins are forgiven outside the New Covenant as much as and as often as possible.

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. Gal. 1: 8

Here's my website if any are interested: BibleReady.org

• stirred but not shaken
    stirred but not shaken

I've been in ongoing conversations with a close friend, a former pioneer partner from the 60s and 70s. He's aware of the history of JWs and has read extensively, among other things, about Russell and his early associates. Despite knowing of the early blunders and the ongoing changes and clarifications, he has decided to remain an elder and supports the agenda of the organization. He feels that the printed material and the meetings have helped many. That's no doubt true. I told him i couldn't do that because my conscience wouldn't allow it. To me it was about accountability. If one little sheep is injured by the false teachings, it's one too many, and there is a never ending list of injurious teachings.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    If you have not rejected God, only the Watchtower version, what is wrong with simply accepting the gospel Jesus offered and saying so.

Nothing, you have the freedom to act as you want so long as you don't hurt anyone but swapping one set of lies for a slightly more popular set of lies is hardly progress.

Consider ALL your options.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Just never stop expanding your mind and learning as much as you can, even if it is critical of any beliefs you currently hold, intellectual honesty is a never ending search.

Just remember belief won't change facts, but as long as you stay rational facts should change your beliefs.

FMF

• tornapart
    tornapart
    @Jerryh... yes my immediate family know I reject the teachings of WT and that I don't believe in their 1914 version of the kingdom or in two classes of christians. Or that only they will be saved. They know what I believe or don't believe and they accept it.
  • Jerryh
    Jerryh

tornapart thanks again for your answer. Your answer is helpful. Seems you have been able to do something

the other people who responded have not, have your family and Jesus. I will resist the temptation to get more nosy

in your business. Probably most JW families and most elders would not let you slide.

Perry Great web site I downloaded the pdf for talking to a JW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit