These guys just freak me out!

by John Aquila 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Yes, the stoppage will not / cannot be permanent. But it probably will not be "massive" in the eyes of members if they could ever see what's actually going on.

I foresee more assembly halls in the United States and other lands if the project was already underway and they can cram a bunch of JW's in there to make enough money off the project vs. renting facilities.

I foresee some Kingdom Halls being built where they can sell other Kingdom Halls and come out even or ahead.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Could it possibly be damage control - just trying to get ahead of the bad news?

They probably figure that JWs will eventually hear about the construction slow downs and halts, so maybe they're feeding them this line about massive building beginning next year. So now if, and if so, when JWs hear about the slowdowns and halts, they'll reason "Oh, that makes sense; they're stopping to prepare for the massive building next year!"

Also, they might feeding JWs this info to get them excited and move them to start donating.

Let's remember this and revisit it next year to see whether they really do engage in massive building.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    There are two threads in JW-Archive discussing the halting of construction. So it is obvious that many witnesses have heard the rumor. They are not calling it a rumor though. That makes me think that there might be a concussion campaigned being launched so that whatever other rumors the R&F may hear, they will shut down and continue donating.
  • Tenacious
    Tenacious

John Aquila wrote:

They told the publishers; "GET READY....."

"..... because we are coming and not using Vaseline." Smiley
  • nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I recall the KH sell offs are of mostly residential nature or higher value properties. Then the new KH/AH are built in a much more versatile commercial style ( much easier to resell later).

Plus each one they sell off, then build again with free labor, is an increased asset ( in the WTBTS property holding now) on their books.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    nonjwspouse
    Plus each one they sell off, then build again with free labor

Free Labor, that's the thing I believe most of us forget. Free labor is like money in the bank. Can you imagine if you had 5 million people for free labor and to do your bidding. They would work for you and you didn't have to pay them.

• Socrateswannabe
    Socrateswannabe
    Another explanation for the OP is that this is a rogue CO who is spreading unfounded rumors about massive building projects that exist only in his mind.
  • westiebilly11
    westiebilly11
    free labour has to be funded somehow . so i guess window cleaning prices will rise next year...
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

The WT world is always full of rumors and legends. The meetings and publications are so boring that dubs are always wanting to find something exciting to talk about. And the COs are a source of many legends because they are frantically trying to find something to make their visits "exciting" for the "friends". The material prepared for the COs to present is too boring for them to get any green handshakes, so they have to create excitement with ever-changing make-believe stories. Rumors like this are further confirmation that the monthly broadcasts aren't filling that gap for interesting material for the dubs to get excited about. The sheeple still want more interesting "insider" information that the WT website isn't providing.

the Society is getting geared up for a massive Kingdom Hall and assembly hall construction project worldwide next year. They told the publishers; "GET READY"

Oh boy, how exciting! Get ready because something is going to happen... NEXT YEAR!?!?!?

This rumor is a knife in the heart of the earlier stories that construction was winding down so that the final push was being made in preaching before the great tribulation. That gives the "armageddon can" a big kick down the road of a few years! Why would they begin this big building campaign just in time for the government to seize all those properties and defile them?

• blondie
    blondie

I can see combining congregations and combining them 3 or 4 into one newer building.

I can see combining more congregations into circuits and using assembly halls as regional conventions rather than rented facilities every year.

I can see making jws travel farther distances to get to KHs and assembly halls though indirectly money out of the WTS pockets.

The issue is money, cash. During WW2, the WTS was prepared to move out of NYC to purchasing property for that purpose that eventually became Gilead. Now they are moving out of NYC for real for cash and protection from a repeat of 9/11. NYC was originally a shipping resource that the WTS hasn't needed for some time. I do believe that the WTS underestimated the effect on their cash flow in 1990 and no longer requiring jws to pay for their publications. Not much revenue came from people at the door as jws were reluctant to ask for it.

I believe that the WTS has hired a non-jw agency to block the leaks and run like a secular corporation. I would believe that older jws can't believe what is happening and find it hard to keep up with the technology. There seems to be a gap in trying to explain how developing countries will be able to afford these doodads.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit