Bad, naughty, nasty, Internet.

by philo 14 Replies latest jw friends

• patio34
    patio34

Red flags all over the place when the WTBS opens its mouth. Let's what we shouldn't read:

1. The net.
    2. Any news articles that talk about evolution, biology, the age of the earth, blood transfusions, archeology that does not confirm the bible.
    3. Any books that seriously consider all of the above.
    4. Any school classes that involve #2.
    5. Any other religious views (learn them from the WT) or philosophies.
    6. Etc., ad nauseum.

That's just off the top of my head.

Patio

• professor
    professor

slipnslidemaster says:

But aren't we all grownups? Can't we think for ourselves on these things??????

A haughty attitude like that can only lead to one thing: INDEPENDENT THINKING! The Society is there to help you GIRD YOUR LOINS from Satan's dangerous traps. You can't figure these things out for yourself. The Bible says so!

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

Professor: please tell me why we need to guard our 'nads from Satan, will he make us have Satanic babies or something? Will he kick us all in the 'nads? Maybe this post should be in Englishman's thread about things that don't make sense in WT theology...

I just always thought that 'gird your loins' stuff was pretty dang stewpid...

• philo
    philo

Oh! So it's loins. I thought it was lions. Gird up your lions. Damn what a fool I have been.

I also used to think it was 'your two young beasts like pommegranites' in song of solomon. Turned out it was "breasts".

phoil

• Moxy
    Moxy

lol@philo

keep your lions away from all the young beasts! you knows what havoc your lions will wreak on the poor young beasts.

mox

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit