Can a Bank "legally" steal your $$   ??

by Terry 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry
    DID YOU KNOW?
    When a BANK fails, it is legal for that lending institution to perform a "bail-in" (rather than a bailout) for itself.
    The first sign or signal to the depositor is a red flag moment easy to recognize. The ATM is "out of cash".
    ????
    Has this happened to you at your bank lately??
    ????
    "Where there is smoke there is fire".
    YOUR MONEY is considered a LIABILITY by your Bank.
    (You consider it an asset.)
    A failing bank is running out of YOUR MONEY deposited in checking and savings accounts.
    Who wins?
    The one holding possession of the $$ holds the power.
    You are allowed to "fail" but the bank has the law on its side if it resorts to the bail-in procedure.
    If a bank runs out of money your account is a liability that must be eliminated by the BAIL-IN. Do I need to explain how that works?
    Definition of BAIL-IN:
    "A bail-in helps a financial institution on the brink of failure by requiring the cancellation of debts owed to creditors and depositors. " Huh? A bank simply cancels for itself what it owes YOU.
    Just look at the difference between bailout and bail-in:
    Bailouts help to keep creditors from losses while
    bail-ins mandate that creditors take losses.
    If the bank owes you your money, YOU take the loss - not them.
    This is in the current law.
    QUESTION: Have you had any trouble getting money out of an ATM lately?
    Smell the smoke and avoid the fire.
  • under the radar
    under the radar

Wow! I never knew that. Thanks for the heads up, Terry!

• Smiles
    Smiles

I wish that was just another one of Terry's stories.

• waton
    waton

one way to protect your deposits is to have them in government secured accounts. (but with next to no interest returns in those vehicles, you're losing 10% in value per year, due to inflation).

• Terry
    Terry

As a result of this revelation, I'm not keeping more than a quarter of a million bucks in any of my accounts!

• Simon
    Simon

Your money? It's their money - you're just a creditor. There's no guarantee you will get your money back, you may get an "equivalent" of shared issued by the bank-that-went-bust (imagine how valuable those would be!)

One of the reasons double-entry accounting is so confusing is we're so used to seeing accounting entries from the banks perspective.

• Terry
    Terry

CHINA and SRI LANKA have bank failures right now.
    In fact, 15 countries are either bankrupt or on their way.
    Italy
    Sweden
    South Africa
    Turkey
    Indonesia
    Spain
    India
    France
    Argentina
    Serbia,
    Portugal
    Russia
    Brazil
  • hoser
    hoser

You forgot Canada Terry. If you donate to a cause that the government doesn’t agree with they can freeze your accounts.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Legally stealing money is not called stealing because it is not a crime. Government does this all the time such as forfeited assets, etc.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Debt based currency issue and fractional reserve banking are the real culprits.

RB.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit