The First Time I Went Over 120mph (193kph) I Was In A ____________ ,

by Sea Breeze 39 Replies latest social entertainment

• waton
    waton

Sea Breeze

seabreeze, the way things are going with foils in the water, the wind and on ice, sooner or later, sailing crafts, as you picture, too, will break the 120 mph barrier.

PS. sorry, the iceboat sailing record is already: ( not me, was only8 at the time. )

"The official iceboat speed record remains the one set on Lake Winnebago, Wisconsin, way back in 1938. It was (hold your breath) 143 miles an hour." from Wikipedia.

• fastJehu
    fastJehu
    was a new boy

Do bored German Witnesses take a spin on the Autobahn while in service

==========

Oh yes - they do. At least I was one of them.

The young brothers were almost lining up for a service appointments - to drive from place A to place B via the german autobahn.

That's where my nickname comes from.

I still love it (driving on the Autobahn of corse).

• St George of England
    St George of England

Jaguar 3.8 Mk 2, A46 Fosse Way downhill. 125mph indicated, I was 16 and the passenger.

Slightly faster since but on two wheels.

George

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

To those whom did this on two wheels, I salute you!

• waton
    waton
    To those whom did this on two wheels, I salute you!

tbn agreed, the resurrection hope helps here. . also: doing on 2 wheels in a turn but in a car.

• MightyV8
    MightyV8

In a V8 of course

Ford 302 panel van

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

More recently, in a Lotus Seven replica (Birkin) 1.6 litre toyota twin cam engine,.Bruce highway Sunshine Coast (Oz).

With a little help from Nos direct port injection. Actually clocked 250k.

However, back in the seventies just before armageddon in a 1964 EH Holden with a tricked up engine including triple 2 inch S.U. carbies. 122 mph working off the tacho. Poor old speedo's were pretty unreliable in dem days. And THAT was the FIRST time.

jtg

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

The First Time I Went Over 120mph (193kph) I Was In A

- Another facebook fishing scam designed to get you to divulge the make and model of your first vehicle - which is a common password help prompt.

RB

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

JTG - "in a 1964 EH Holden"

That would have been scary!

RB

• wozza
    wozza

In 1971 on plains road 5 minutes from where I live now on my tweaked CB 750 K1 Honda 4 . it started shaking it's head at about 115 mph ,and thats when I knew I had to upgrade the suspension to Konis.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit