Last week we had a reassurance ultrasound with our OB. She was just supposed to check heartbeats on the two little ones and they were going strong! But because she had extra time and she can be quite anal about her work (which is a good thing) she decided to take some measurements. Twin A looked good at 16 and 1/2 weeks but twin B was measuring only 14 and 1/2 weeks. Concerned she scheduled us an appointment right away to see Dr. Our OB said that this is of concern with our two previous losses to start preparing for the reality that we are losing twin B.
So Dr. decided to schedule us with our high risk OB to get some more information on what we can do if anything. That was last Thursday. Today we went to see our High risk OB and the associate did a quick ultrasound. Twin A looks ok but there was no movement with twin B, no heartbeat, and hardly any amniotic fluid. The associate was lost for words. He knows our history and he was very compassionate as was our high risk Dr. who sat us down and held my wife's hand and told her it's not her fault.
My poor wife. Personally I'm numb at this point. I just want to sleep. Damn it all. We still have hope with twin A but I'm just waiting to hear more bad news as this seems to be our luck when it comes to pregnancy.