Book study this week...more trumpeting over the organzations greatness

by NikL 23 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Aren't they wonderful for wasting all that paper printing up littera-trash that serves only to help joke-hova enslave the earth?

• NikL
    NikL

scratchme1010

And you still come here promoting them, seriously?

What the hell is that supposed to mean scratch?

I've stated my reasons for attending the meetings with my still in wife. I realize you don't approve but then again I wasn't asking for it. There are plenty here who still feel they need to attend the KH for whatever reason and it's nice to be able to vent.

I fail to see how that is "promoting them".

Perhaps you would explain?

• Nicholaus Kopernicus
    Nicholaus Kopernicus

Well said NikL. Nothing wrong with commenting on, giving analysis of, reflecting on the content of meetings or the texts used therein. Many attenders are aggrieved at what is said and read.

Hardly promotion!

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

I'm with you NiKL. I still attend because of my in wife. One of the cool/interesting things about going to meetings is now I can spot all the bullsh*t as it get dispensed. It's kinda like watching a show.

• NikL
    NikL

One of the cool/interesting things about going to meetings is now I can spot all the bullsh*t as it get dispensed. It's kinda like watching a show.

It gets harder to keep my mouth shut at some of the nonsense though. Even though I know it will accomplish nothing

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

"aren't we wonderful that we print so much stuff"?

Isn't it amazing that we take the lead in printing the most false commercialized doctrines inspired upon a tainted version of the Gospel.

We take the lead in theological bullshit out of all Christian based faiths in the world.

• SAHS
    SAHS

One statement in this week’s congregation study in the book God’s Kingdom Rules! which I found rather disturbing was this:

But just think! The King has caused his ordinary people to become a publishing powerhouse, producing some of the most widely translated and distributed publications in history!

Now, this is very telling as to the true nature of the “religion” of the Watchtower Corporation. When some people refer to it as just a publishing/ real estate investment corporation, they’re absolutely correct!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yep...It has wisely been said : "Self praise, is NO praise!"

And yet the flock just does not see it!

• waton
    waton

"Self praise, is NO praise!" siar2: it is even better in german:

Eigenlob stinkt. self praise stinks. Freundeslob hinkt, a friend's praise is lame, flawed. but

They are brainwashing the members through these memory exercises:

Repeat "we are great, Jesus did it, since 1914." repeat:

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

It is disturbing when one realizes that the entire goal of the GB is to prop up their own power. So, one day it's a questionable biblical application. The next, it's about how many pages they've printed in the iPad age. Yep. They get it....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit