WBATS = THE WIZARD OF OZ

by UNCONDITIONAL LOVE 8 Replies latest jw friends

• UNCONDITIONAL LOVE
    UNCONDITIONAL LOVE

I found this amusing and ironic, but In a nutshell.

Stay on the yellow brick road, do as we say and want, and we promise you courage, a heart, a brain and a ticket back home (Spirtual paradise now/ Physical Paradise soon/ Resurrection guaranteed )...

Don't ask too many questions or look behind the big curtain, just believe us or you'll fall apart and die... (research or study on your own/internet/ researching the governing body leads to weakness and disfellowshipping)

There are many more correlations, these are just a few that stand out to me. Life imitates art?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

And just as in that story, the characters received nothing from "The Great Oz" that they didn't provide to themselves.

To nail the comparison, it is very important to have a "Toto" if you find yourself in the the Land of Watchtower.
    Toto may have gotten Dorothy into trouble, but Toto also revealed the truth of the Great Oz, pulling the curtain back. Your "Toto" can be personal research or a loving family member or perhaps getting disfellowshipped or seeing the horrible treatment that Watchtower dishes out to another person.

It's too bad that so many munchkins Jehovah's Witnesses would scold Toto for pulling the curtain back, perhaps even deciding to shun him from that point on for what he did.

• schnell
    schnell

Yep, I've long thought about that little man behind the curtain who puts on a big scary show. I've written here how I see correlations with the Emperor's New Clothes as well.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    UL: Life imitates art?

No. Art imitates life. That is why myth can be so believable.

Personally, I like Chicken Little

Image result for chicken little cartoon

• UNCONDITIONAL LOVE
    UNCONDITIONAL LOVE

Great Obsrvation OTWO

This is true OC the JW's believe in myth as well as many religious people... It just depends on which myth you are ok with believing the most, the WBATS are having a hard time keeping their version of a myth alive in this age of information. Some people are still ok with their delusions.

• UNCONDITIONAL LOVE
    UNCONDITIONAL LOVE

Dorothy risks losing her only friends in the world, the lion, the scare crow and the tin man if she does not follow the path of the yellow brick road. ( disfellowshipping and loss of friends and family if you don't stay/ so you help each other struggle to follow the mandatory unwavering path and it brings you a false sense of comfort, hope and reality)

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Unconditional Love - "...JWs believe in myth as well as many religious people..."

Better than many, in some instances.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

OTWO:

Good comparison!

I remember the words to a '70s song:

"..OZ never did give nothing to the Tin Man that he didn't already have.."

• btlc
    btlc

I like the movie in which Sean Connery revealed true meaning of their god Zardoz:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit