Zoom Social Event With a GB Member (Losche)

by Jofi_Wofo 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• Jofi_Wofo
    Jofi_Wofo

In a recent turn of events, I found myself at a JW social gathering on Zoom (supporting my PIMI wife, while among mostly JWs whom I don't know and a handful of old friends who don't know I'm inactive) that just so happened to also be joined by Garrett Losche and his wife. Sorry to disappoint but I had absolutely no interaction with him and have nothing interesting to report about it. I'm just sharing this because I can't believe I even got THAT close to MAYBE chatting with him, despite being a closeted apostate.

There were about 300 people in the Zoom meeting, all having been directly invited. Breakout rooms were formed randomly to give guests a chance to interact on a more personal level. I looked at the camera thumbnails and related to mt wife "Wow, that guy looks like Garrett Losche." My wife took a look and said "OH WOW! IT IS BROTHER LOSCHE!!!!"

Sad, but true - I snuck away from the laptop for a minute to turn my phone's voice recorder on just in case I may have wound up talking to him at some point. I also loaded up a pdf of the infamous affidavit where he claimed "I do not answer to Watchtower." In my little mind, I thought it would be an absolutely epic moment in exJW history if I could have read it out loud to him while I was recording his reaction.

Ahhhh, but it wasn't to be. As I mentioned, we never interacted but honestly, I have such bad social anxiety, and I was sitting right next to my wife, so I can't talk a tough game here and say that I would have ACTUALLY done this or that.

But, a man can dream, can't he? And eventually, someone in the know is going to get close enough to pull something like this off. Personally, I'd love to see a KH crash when one of the GB are giving the talk and someone reads off something like Losche's affidavit, or plays audio from Jackson lying through his treeth to the ARC.

One day...

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    I was at Warwick once a few years ago, and saw Loesch in the bathroom. He said hi and I said hi, does that count for anything?
  • Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

You got close to a corrupt idiot , happens all the time in JW land.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

Did he give a talk to the group? Or was it strictly a social meeting?

• Jofi_Wofo
    Jofi_Wofo

@fffghost

It wasn't a meeting or anything official. It was a gathering to celebrate a certain thing a certain person did. Losche wasn't a part of the festivities, he was just a guest like me.

• Justmemorph
    Justmemorph

I was at bethel when he appointed to the gb. He was a way out there kinda guy. Always going off the rails

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Justmemorph - "...He was a way out there kinda guy. Always going off the rails"

Explains why he was invited to join. Vidiot

• Underseer2
    Underseer2

Is Garrett Losche related to Gerrit Lösch of the governing body in any way?

• IWant2Leave
    IWant2Leave

When Gerrit Lösch visited Texas in the 90's he was wearing $300 Bruno Magli shoes (O. J. Simpson wore them too) and expensive designer sunglasses! So G.B. dresses to the nines for a long time. They dress like stars Don't believe the WT from a year or two ago that said they want to be treated like the average Witness. The GB wants your adulation and admiration! They wrote a song about it. I think it's song #25 or 26. "A Special Possession"

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Money (not theirs personally), power, privilege, adulation, self glorification, perks like traveling around the world paid for by the WTS, complete health and dental care, are just some of the things the GB men of he JWS acquire when they become a GB member.

Nice gig if you can get it, particularly for men who are elderly.

But as its been noted by talks by Gerrit Lösch you have be totally corrupt and dishonest in propagating the WTS/JWS doctines

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit