Ex JW Campaign Day

by Tight Pants Twinkle Toes 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

The Internet is doing the job beautifully. No need to waste more time and resources.

DY

• freddo
    freddo

Maybe just knock the door and hand them the leaflet. That's all dubs do now days anyway.

October 1st might be good as that is when the Gentile times ended. (Ha!)

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

Your 4 points are a good summary for a conversation, a good texting.

But there are activist and ....activists. In my case... I dont want to be embarrased for the fact I once have been JW in the public. I live good now that nobody knows what I did 30 years before withouth my family. My family too would not accept such activism in the public and would be embarrased. Its not cool to be associated with a cult. Its enough stress for me to meet from time to time a former "sis" or "bro" in the streetservice. Otherwise I would have my picture in the profile...it burns in my heart to be active...but I am realistic. and i think many think similar, and think of those who may even suffer and became depressed about the excommunications and treatment or loss of family. How difficult it must be to be activist than.

I hope that you can help some to find the "reality" and one can feel that you are enflamed for this.

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

Welcome TPTT.

Read part of your story via your other half's posts. It re-enforced my belief that creating space between a JW and the Borg is the best way to help people out (and I mean the best way an external person can help).

In your case dancing lessons helped create space. For me it was sports. For some it is just time away from meetings. Indirectly encouraging JWs with doubts to create space between themselves and the Borg HQ will allow some of the 'hard coded thinking' to melt away hopefully allowing there doubts and critical thinking skills to come to the fore.

Instead of preaching door to door again... I would rather a 'Take a doubting JW to the pub day' once a week :) Especially as I can't dance!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

hi Pants--welcome to the site...and the rest of your life!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit