Witness Carts - A Vehicle for Significant Decline

by slimboyfat 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Well, I'm done wasting at least 4 Goddamn hours of my life, EVERY Saturday morning!!

I'm also getting tired of people defending "religious freedom." YOU ARE NOT FREE TO PRACTICE WHATEVER YOU WANT. You may BELIEVE, whatever you want, but YOU ARE NOT FREE TO HURT OTHERS, DIRECTLY, OR INDIRECTLY.

Cart witnessing is easy, eh??? Well, it sounds like it's time to make it suck for JWs.

DD

• LV101
    LV101

Cofty - that's hysterical they hurry off and leave their trolleys/too funny! You should video and put on youtube for the world to see.

• cofty
    cofty

The funniest one was Faye the JW lady in Berwick in an electric disability scooter who headed off down the High street in a panic with Saturday afternoon shoppers scattering out her way. Then she realised her car was in the opposite direction and a couple of minutes later she sped past in the other direction.

One time Brian the Berwick elder packed up the cart and rushed off. I went into WH Smiths for a mag and when I came out he was back again. So I went back up to say hello and off he went for the second time in half an hour.

If you can keep calm and and keep a sense of humour about it you can have some fun. I had a positive experience in Edinburgh a while ago I shared on another thread where I am sure I really made a JW guy think seriously about things. Even after he worked out I was DFd he shook hands and we left as friends. Those are the best ones.

• oldskool
    oldskool
    f you can keep calm and and keep a sense of humour about it you can have some fun. I had a positive experience in Edinburgh a while ago I shared on another thread where I am sure I really made a JW guy think seriously about things. Even after he worked out I was DFd he shook hands and we left as friends. Those are the best ones.

Yea, the neutral territory of public space means the pronouncement to "get off my property" or conversely "We'll be going now" do not apply. JWs literally have to run away and leave the cart, or sit there and take the abuse because they asked for it.

• LV101
    LV101

Faye and the electric scooter visual is awesome. You could sell your trolley experiences to a comedian.

Thanks, SBF, for great topic.

• sparky1
    sparky1

APOSTATE ALERT..........APOSTATE ALERT! Get the Hell out of my way................

• LV101
    LV101

sparky1 - thx for the picture - powered by apostasy. It's hard to imagine why they flee - like anxiety attacks and it's flight or flee. I know, they're conditioned/brainwashed and live in fear of it not being true.

• steve2
    steve2

Fleeing could be due to an intense inner rush of fear and anger. In those circumstances, fleeing becomes a way to down regulate stirred up emotions.

But it does look funny when people storm off in a huff - kind of petulant and juvenile. I like the way you queried the other guy about whether she usually goes off in a huff. Nice question to ask thise who so do not have the wherewithal to defend their beluefs.

It reflects people who are used to being in control and suddenly, they're not.

• Wait For It
    Wait For It

What's interesting to me about the cart witnessing is that the JWs pick the most ridiculous places to put it. I thought they were only allowed to set up shop in crowded locations, but I've seen two carts with 4 JWs outside the front doors to my public library on a random Thursday morning. There was NO ONE in the library. I mean, who are they planning to chat with and why TWO carts? I'm really starting to think they choose low traffic times and places on purpose so they don't have to talk. I can't blame them, though, I hated service too.

My relatives who engage in their car "cart watching" witnessing say they only get out their car when someone flags them over. Shall we take bets on how often that happens?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

the carts are great for people like ourselves to hit them with some anti witnessing , a quick mention of the ARC, their UN membership basic doctrine etc I never miss a chance, most of these Dubs could have been banging on D2D for years and never got an anti witness, they are sitting ducks! just think how much they would have been exposed to in the time they have had the carts out? another pointless plan from them that has backfired, they clearly have failed with the aim of what they were set out for, I still think they could be removed completely in the couple of years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit