Information Theory and the Demise of Darwinism

by Sea Breeze 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

@Cofty

It looks like to me this guy is an extremist evolutionist and got his feathers ruffled when science didn't turn out the way he demanded. Author Jonathan Wells explains:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAY8p9ZfEFs&t=220s

• cofty
    cofty

Sea Breeze - do you write science for the Watchtower by any chance? You use the same dishonest technique of misquoting and misleading.

The New Scientist article that you imply supports ENCODE actually explains at length why it is bullshit. The article is called 'At least 75 per cent of our DNA really is useless junk after all'

Didn't mention that did you?

• cofty
    cofty

Unless you commit to reading Gruar's article in full and responding to the Onion Test you are wasting my time,

Jonathan Wells in a Moonie for god's sake!

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    You use the same dishonest technique of misquoting and misleading.

Cofty,

You are engaging in the same kind of attacks as the people you quote like Graur. Are you going to take a picture of your baby granddaughter and claim she is flipping me off too?

I disagree with New Scientist' conclusion. The quote is real, properly notated and referenced. It is circular reasoning as I stated.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Cofty,

Why don't you come on Real Science Radio and explain your ideas? They have had lots of evolutionists on before. I can assure you that they have never had a former Jehovah's Witness elder turned evolutionist on their show before. You would be an instant celebrity. They would be very grateful.

You can do the whole thing by zoom. You already have the material in the video I posted in the OP. All you have to do is review that, collect your ideas and have a little chat about the whole thing. No need to get nasty. Adults can disagree. It is an important topic in our society. I think you would a least agree with that.

Would you agree to come on the show?

• cofty
    cofty

That's a very kind offer Sea Breeze thank you.

It has been many years since I even thought about biological evolution so I am way out of practice in debating the topic. I will have a look at the channel though.

Did you read Gruar's paper in full? It is not a difficult read and from what you have said so far you have either not red it at all or you are wilfully misrepresenting him.

What is your response to the Onion Test?

“I would be quite proud to have served on the committee that designed the E. coli genome. There is, however, no way that I would admit to serving on a committee that designed the human genome. Not even a university committee could botch something that badly.” - David Penny (molecular biologist)

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Sea Breeze - “… At a recent XJW conference, software engineer Fred Williams spoke on the subject of Information that is found in nature...”

We all view the world around us through the lenses of our own experience.

A software engineer will, quite naturally, see data wherever he looks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit