by cofty 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

The sound of silence........

What specifically is a kind?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

TheWT/JW "Insight" book says in the article "Kind" :

" ......the boundary between kinds is to be drawn where fertilization ceases to occur"

I don't see that this differs at all from the definition of "Species" : " A species is often defined as the largest group of organisms where two individuals are capable of reproducing fertile offspring, typically using sexual reproduction."

I don't know if Perry would define "kind" any differently, but whatever, he probably doesn't have an appreciation for where the effects of Natural Selection get to a point where animals can no longer breed. Where a new Species, or Kind is born.

No Creator involved.

• cofty
    cofty
    We will never know because creationists only do hit-and-run. If they did conversation there is a danger they might learn something.
  • Simon
    Simon

Fascinating that the physical attributes were linked to behavior like that beyond the obvious (like a hunter needing claws / talons / big teeth).

I guess we will never get a saber-tooth domestic cat then ...

• Mephis
    Mephis
    Imagining the crazy world of resurrecting that species somehow , I think a certain amount of natural selection tends to weed out the human gene pool when it comes to trying to domesticate animals which view humans as dinner...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit