Warwick and Similar Properties

by Lost in the fog 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

A comment from a friend's page.

"Why does a heavenly organisation need earthly headquarters buildings? Surely Jesus said that God is a Spirit and should be worshipped in spirit and truth?"

• zeb
    zeb

for the same reason every sun king, grand chairman, el supremo, mega general do.... monstrous ego.

and like the Israelite of old when they wanted a king they then had to sweat big-time to keep the king his horses servants wives in splendor.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Why did GOD , JEHOVAH require an Earthly Temple and Priests to represent him in ancient times in the Hebrew Scriptures ?

It couldn`t be because some humans saw a way to control the masses and manipulate them could it ?

• blondie
    blondie

And why have "prominent" brothers (as said in the WT study article of 1/13/2019.

• stillin
    stillin

I think that the Witnesses forget that it's all sand castles in the big scheme of things. They get caught up in the moment and become enraptured with something that seems great, like the Warwick project, but it's just a pile of bricks and sand.

Followers need leaders. So somebody has to be "prominent."

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    "Why does a heavenly organisation need earthly headquarters buildings?

Because the followers live on earth.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

All good quesions. Why did I not think of asking these questions years ago when I was young? I know my Dad was big on thinking God had a earthly organization. Still Totally ADD

• Half banana
    Half banana

Dreary, the point is that if a heavenly organisation existed and functioned by communicating with people on Earth then there would be no need for an Earthly one as well.

There is no evidence whatsoever for any heavenly organisation, it is purely a construct of the human imagination of religious leaders.

• waton
    waton

Because they do not deep down really believe that (the meek will "inherit the earth". So if you can't inherit, you have to buy [the choicest part of ] it.

buy it with money made by selling false promises[ary] notes,

blame the creator for not fulfilling his "spirit guided" promises, blaming him for allowing them in the first place.

like the one, like them, who said: "god does not like cheap, he likes gold".

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

"god does not like cheap, he likes gold".

That`s really a good point waton ,precious metals and jewels are something that humans put a value on ,why would the creator of the Universe put a monetary value on such things ? that he wants them in his Temple or places of worship to him ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit