Venting: Sometimes i absolutely hate my wife

by goingthruthemotions 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

Don't get me wrong, I do love her. But when she goes into cult mode, I freaken hate her. I hate the person this POS religion has made her become.

When she is not in cult mode, she is my old wife. Is there any hope? NO.....so i just keep taking it day by day. Maybe one day the levy will break. I keep thinking to myself that i need to go see a divorce lawyer.

This CULT sucks.

• just fine
    just fine

I’m sorry you are going through this. I can’t imagine trying to deal with the cult mindset in an intimate relationship. My family makes me crazy sometimes and I don’t live anywhere near them.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

This forum is so good for venting. Your post reminded me of times when I was young, and got so mad at my husband, and he just brushed off my concerns and refused to listen to me. So I would write him a letter and put everything into it, and he would read it because, who doesn't want to read a letter? THEN he'd be willing to talk about things.

Back then the only social media was letters to the editor, or dear abby. Maybe call-in radio advice shows.

The venting letter would not be good now though, trying to talk about JW cult. Because it wouldn't be good to write down how awful the JW cult is, and then the elders would have it, no doubt.

Nobody can hurt us as badly as the ones we care about the most, sad to say. I hope things improve for you.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

There was a short period of time when I was fully awakened but my wife was still "in". She went with the kids to meetings without me and "guilted" me about it all. But I approached her with "sincere questions" about the issues I was dealing with asking her "help in explaining it". As we all know here, there are NO ANSWERS. In fact, you can't even ask the questions without being seen as a potential apostate.

Her eyes are fully open now. It just takes one thing to start the process.

Falling Dominoes Images | Free Vectors, Stock Photos & PSD

Good luck! BABY STEPS

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

Sorry to hear about your ongoing situation , have you ever thought about calling a domestic abuse agency and just speaking with them about your wife as nobody should feel uncomfortable in their own home .

My JW wife was abusive in our marriage but there were times when things were good . something to think about.

Take care

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Hang in there. Keep your eye on love. Never put here down or act out because of her practicing her faith. Build yourself up. Suffering is alright as long as there is a purpose or meaning behind it. Suffering always transforms us into something better.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

"to forgive is to suffer".

• minimus
    minimus

Lol

• Littlewilly
    Littlewilly

Maybe you should reflect upon why she joined in the first place, was there some things she was going through in her personal life ?

• Jerryh
    Jerryh

Hi gttm, I was never a JW so all I know is what I read. I scanned a little of your posting history.

I'm sure you already know more then me about the org. besides JWFACT etc but here is a modest suggestion.

It's a religious approach. Just so you know, I am a christian, not much of one but that another story.

All Christians believe the gist of Genesis 3 is what got us in trouble so have her rehearse the story.

Ask if Adam / Eve could enter/ renter the "Earthly Paradise" as sinners.

Ask her if she is a sinner equal to Adam. How can any sin enter the Earthly Paradise?

Well you found these on JW.ORG

*** w74 2/1 p. 96 Questions From Readers ***

Jehovah God, on the basis of his Son’s sacrifice, “declares them righteous” and thus views them as being perfect, without sin, while yet in the flesh on earth

*** w72 9/1 p. 518 A Death That Brings Gain ***At their death they likewise do not die as sinners
    Obviously she will say that only for the anointed but what if we are all still equal to Adam just like the org. says.There is a way for a sinner to not be a sinner and enter paradise, just saying.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit