Keep Sweet Pray and Obey [FLDS Documentary]

by RolRod 7 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• RolRod
    RolRod

There's a new documentary series on Netflix regarding the FLDS. Fundamentalist Latter Day Saints. Anyone watch it yet? Pretty wild.

• Diamondfrog
    Diamondfrog

I watched it yesterday. Crazy stuff.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

Cultists!!!!

Oh wait - I was a JW for decades. Nevermind.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Just started watching last night.

Ticks so many of the same boxes as in high control, and a fantastic imaginary future promised.

Ugh.

• scary21
    scary21

Yes I have seen it. I already knew a lot of the story because I have read so many books about the Mormons and the fundamentalits.

I just find it so fascinating. I womder how anyone can believe the bull shit. Same goes for the JW. How in the world can they believe that crazy looney crap. Listen, OBEY and be blessed. Keep sweet, pray and OBEY.

If you step out of line you will lose all your family and friends. OBEY,OBEY, OBEY.. CULT, CULT, CULT,

At least The JW's Don't take your wife and children away and give them to an other Elder. YET lol

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I watched it the past two days and was just stunned that something like that is allowed to exist. There were so many parallels to JW's. The whole thing is totally weird.

• iloowy.goowy
    iloowy.goowy

I watched it, and I too kept thinking how many mind control, power grabbing tactics are parallel with the WTS and the JW religion. Religion is indeed a snare and a racket, and that abuses the most innocent.

• under the radar
    under the radar

I watched it and noted several similarities between the FLDS and the WT. The most disturbing was the insistence that the organization be obeyed even if the instructions don’t make sense or fit in with what the person feels to be right and just.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit