While I don`t believe the Bible about GOD or other religions about a GOD ,I do wonder ?

by smiddy3 9 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I do wonder about the universe as we know it . It does boggle my mind ,and how such a variety of life does exist on this planet ,from the microscopic to the most advanced life forms.

In such an abundance .?

And then looking out there in the Universe the multitudes of stars like our sun and planets exist that we have no knowledge of boggles my mind .

So ,maybe I am spiritual in some sense.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I know what you mean Smidster.

After being brutally brainwashed by an abusive cult that is led by drunkards and paedophile lovers, I now have no trust in organised religion and religious leaders. Let's be honest, they're only humans that have to go to the khazi like the rest of us. They foist their interpretations on to which ever 'holy book' they advertise.

I do not know about God/s but the universe is awesome. Tardigrades rock!

Sadly, I feel the reaper will come, I will shuffle off this mortal coil in due course. Something tells me there's bugger all after this lot.

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

I agree with both of your comments.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

"Sadly, I feel the reaper will come, I will shuffle off this mortal coil in due course. Something tells me there's bugger all after this lot."

yes. sometimes the easiest, simplest explanation is the one to agree with.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Occam's razor.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Can an Atheist Be in Awe of the Universe? - Scientific American

The original ending of Origin of Species:
    There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.

Unweaving the Rainbow (Richard Dawkins)

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

what am I to take from this? That those who don't believe in God think that this life isn't all there is after all?

• waton
    waton

put more meaning into our present life. It is a sure bet, even if there is no afterlife. but Reason has it, that if there is an after death reward, why should it not be given to those that did a master job on the first run? A current life concurrent what you perceive to be the purpose of existence of the universe?

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete
    what am I to take from this? That those who don't believe in God think that this life isn't all there is after all?

No, but "all there is" is pretty damn amazing when you stop wishing for something better.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

That's what the Borg has done. It's taken away the focus from the life we have now,,,,taken the focus to 'them' on something which 'may' in the future happen where there is absolutely zero proof of,,,take the sheeples time and money. It's a perfect business.

It's a perfect business model. Take your time, tax free money and fictional kingdom's in heaven. No taxes, no returns, and a promise of something which 'may' happen in the future. Taking advantage of your time now,,,,,something which you do have.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit