2020--Special Meeting with Pioneers!

by Atlantis 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Atlantis
  • iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

OMG I WANT TO VOMIT!!!!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I skipped through most of it and just watched the interviews ,and nothing has changed since I left in the early nineties.

Same delusional people thinking they have been blessed by God because of a natural turn of events .

These people believe what they want to believe ,and facts do not matter to them .

• dozy
    dozy
    Same delusional people thinking they have been blessed by God because of a natural turn of events .

It is bizarre seeing the JW at about 42:00 on the morning session who claims Jehovah answered her prayer specifically asking her employer to give her a particular part time schedule. Does she not think that this was perhaps a flexible , supportive employer? And if Jehovah is so ready to micro manage events to this extent , why doesn't he step in and stop children dying or other vastly more important interventions?

It was this kind of arrogant , self delusional experience that really used to annoy me , even when I was an active , believing JW.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Its mind boggling that the Elders/GB members or whoever dream up these parts for a convention such as this .?

And the rank & file sit there and applaud this rubbish ?

Jehovah answered her prayer specifically asking her employer to give her a particular part time schedule.

Jehovah needs to get his priorities right ,her prayer gets answered whereas hundreds if not thousands of children being molested by J.W`s in congregations all around the world don`t get their prayers answered for it not to happen even after its brought to the Elders attention it still goes on because they don`t report it to the appropriate authorities.

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

"Yes brother, we knock on door after door after door. No one invites us in. No one wants to study the bible with us. We cant get anyone to come to meetings. When we set up a Table in a Mall with our literature, people avoid us like the plague. And the only ones who ever come to our Carts are exJWs who want to make fun of us.
    TRULY Jehober is blessing our work, best life ever ever ever!"

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow
    And the rank & file sit there and applaud this rubbish ?

I remember when I did, dont most of us?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

IWANTOUTNOW:

I remember when I did..but that was over twenty years ago. The religion was different back then and the scandals weren’t public knowledge yet.

I think there’s LESS of an excuse for JWs who mindlessly clap at the nonsense in this day and age! These people must be unconscious.

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

LongHair - I get that for sure.

But remember those really in today are so averse to looking into anything outside the WT for information.

The fear campaign is higher than ever.

Then you have lots of people who cant accept that their entire life course could be challenged, so cognitive dissidence sets in and they are living with that.

For so many its TOO painful to open the door even a crack, because the fear that their whole world would crumble.

I was not to far away from that myself when I started to wakeup.

Remember we were victims as are most JWs today.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Atlantis ...

As always, many, many thanks.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit