WT predicting smartphones back in the 20s?

by paradiseseeker 25 Replies latest jw friends

• paradiseseeker
    paradiseseeker

I've come across a JW friendly article about Watchtower predicting smartphones in the 20s.

Of course, in the comments section there are a lot of JWs freaking out saying "there is no doubt that this is the only true organization!", "thanks Jehovah that used his faithful and discreet slave to tell us some useful information about the future!", "it must be holy spirit's work!", "no one could have known this information with so much anticipation! Jehovah is with us!"

I wonder what would they think when they read that their beloved WT couldn't foresee that shunning was going to be turned into Biblical before writing this article in the 40s:

It is even more interesting knowing that Jehovah considered crucial to reveal the future existence of smartphones but didn't say a word about the overlapping generation before the original generation was almost completely gone.

And of course, Jehovah might have used other people apart from the WT, as there are some postcard images from the early 1900s predicting Skype calls.

Anything you'd like to add?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I have heard this nonsense before, Rutherford, like Russell, was an arch-plagiarist. The idea was put forward a decade or so before the WT said it, by Tesla if memory serves.

Being years behind "the world's" predictions is not proof you are in god's Org !

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

What Phizzy said

• jaydee
    jaydee

what 'finallysomepride' said,

what 'Phizzy' said.....

sorry for the overlapping comment.....

• AFRIKANMAN
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

It's of no consequence. They didn't predict all the paedophile lawsuits did they?!?

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

• sir82
    sir82

I think this falls into the category of "even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every now and then".

If I made 3000 predictions about the future, just from the sheer number of predictions I'd probably get a dozen or so right.

If I later crowed about those 12 correct guesses, and ignored the 2,988 wildly inaccurate ones, I too would look like a genius - to an idiot.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

They couldn't avoid the ever changing "new light" phenomenon though...

How many "study" books have we had now that have had to be deleted?

Truth book

Paradise on earth book

Knowledge book

etc....

And all with new teachings to replace the old...

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

If we accept this so called 'prophecy', then we have to accept everything else in that magazine and at that time.

If a jobo did accept the teachings of that magazine and year, guess what? They'd be DF for apostacy

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Plagiarized information.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit