After Being Out for 17 Years He is Back In again!!!

by new boy 35 Replies latest jw friends

• berrygerry
    berrygerry
    mentally crippling religion where people become so helpless they cannot think for themselves and function in the real world.

Tis precisely why they are a cult.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

g-jobbing was shut down circa 77. It was not a rare practice. I knew a fo who did 40+ after bethel service. It was do-able and became easier from the changes that released the 76 Mayflower. Seems to me that the mayflower resulted from 1975 and also from the amended contract from 4 years to 1 year; whoever wanted to leave was free to go and they did. Then work hours were shortened and Sat was only 1/2 day. Depending on where you worked though, the only risk was, so late at night, getting mugged or killed on the street or riding the subway.

I have seen old men return to the org 40 years+ after leaving, some left to go to the army, etc., then they decided to return and it took a while to be accepted back but they did it.

• laverite
    laverite

I wonder how soon it will be before he realizes what a big mistake he has made?

• steve2
    steve2

Some who leave still remain within the JW mentality, never really reflecting upon what their involvement in JW org was all about.

They remain sitting ducks for the next earthquake, social unrest or scary thing thst will drive them back into the old familiar deep-groove explanations.

The consolations of the need for certainty emotionally outweigh the cognitive demands that JW org is not what is claims to be.

• honest
    honest

" World conditions" omg is he serious? Sure we have Islamic terrorists and political problems but world conditions today are more superior than our past years. I once asked a jw which time period would they prefer to live in? I asked them would they like to live in the 15th, 18th century or todays world. That jw responded with today's world, well world Conditions are not that bad are they 😉.

Then he went on about homosexuality being accepted I then again said historically we have has periods of rife homosexuality eg the ancient Greeks. So how is this any worse? ( not that I believe homosexuality is wrong)

These people have serious mental illnesses and like to blame everything on world conditions and love believing a fairytale that it will all magically dissappear and they will instantly be happy. Deluded..

• jeanniebeanzz
    jeanniebeanzz

It happens. One of the saddest times I remember on here was when we 'lost' a member I really valued. :'( His kiddos were withholding his grand children from him for leaving. So, he went back. It had nothing to do with believing, he just wanted his family more than he valued his freedom. It does happen but it's rarely ever for believing in the vomit the org spews; it's for family, friends or a sense of belonging.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit