DEFEND JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES website

by Vanderhoven7 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I Googled the question "Do Jehovah's witnesses do charity work?" and up popped the above Website designed to counter virtually all WTS criticism. Anyone know about this website?

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Wow, I just realized that I am at a point in my life where I don't feel like debating all those teachings anymore. I just read

At no time did Russell, Rutherford, or the WT organization claim to be an inspired prophet with the gift of inspired prediction like some of those mentioned in the Bible.

Immediately, I think: Sure, but they use all available synonyms to convey this thought and impose their authority as if they were. Heck, they compare themselves to Moses and Aaron while comparing the apostates to Dathan Korah and Abiram in the same breath!

While finishing my thought, this feeling of "I've been over this thousands of time before" came up and, and, seriously? I think I have enough of this endless sea of idiots.

• Pete Zahut
  • Steel
    Steel

I have read a few article and found they are really just opinion masked theology.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

That site was quite valuable as a teaching aid for those involved in the ARC. The site was used as an example of how supporters and defenders of the Watchtower misunderstand what the JWs actually believe and teach, and often resort to fallacies to defend their faith.

The following is an example of the 'straw man' fallacy often found in typical JW QandA or FAQ. Note the following question and the subject (i.e. JWs) of the question. Note the first paragraph introduces the subject (i.e. JWs) and the allegations made. Note the second paragraph engages in a 'straw man' fallacy by giving an answer that addresses "the Watchtower Society" and not the subject (i.e. JWs).

Have Jehovah’s Witnesses Ever Claimed to be INSPIRED Prophets?

The accusation that Jehovah’s Witnesses have claimed to be inspired prophets or have tried to foretell the future is absolutely false.

The flat-out truth is that the Watchtower Society has NEVER claimed to be inspired, infallible, or to be foretelling the future as Prophets.

http://defendingjehovahswitnesses.blogspot.com.au/2013/05/have-jehovahs-witnesses-ever-claimed-to.html

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Well, clearly those who run that site are acting just like "Korah, Dathan and Abirim" by presuming to create a site contrary to the direction of their Governing Body!

They obviously do not see the irony of disobeying clear directions from the society!

• alcyone
  • Half banana
    Half banana

I loved the bit (on Pete Zahut's blog reference) that "90% of donations are spent on disaster relief, printing Bibles and Bible aids".

What a distortion of the true spirit of the organization! You would think from this that the JW org is a charitable humanitarian movement which also promote Bibles. Like most information generated by JWs this is misleading and very far from the truth. Note the priority here; ostensibly it spends most of its donations on charitable causes! In reality "disaster relief" translates "JW org property protection" in disaster areas.

The poor lobotomised zombies who write this stuff should get the chance to have a balanced external view of their organization and the world in general. Alas! JW zombies are not permitted that luxury.

• Hecce
    Hecce

This site is worse then "Pravda" at the height of the Soviet Union.

• steve2
    steve2

The site is as black and white as the JW mindset.

Sure, Chuck Russell and co never claimed to be inspired - yet they have spoken as if they were and that they - and they alone - have the legitimate authority to declare what is "the truth".

And most relevantly, they utilise emotional blackmail - FOG = Fear,Obligation and Guilt - to exact obedience to their interpretations upon pain of being shunned if any should question them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit