On Prayer

by kairos 15 Replies latest jw friends

• KateWild
    KateWild

That sounds so lovely Rebel....and very romantic. There is God in the heavens if a man can be so wonderful

Kate xx

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Kate that was awfully kind of you, and let me assure you when you are eleven there is nothing nicer than that first kiss, even if it does taste of salt and vinegar crisps.

The Rebel.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    As a kid (10-12 yes old if I recall correctly ) I prayed to Jehoover several times in an ernest, sincere attempt to "feel" his love, presence or his will. Not once did I feel a thing. My mother would make excuses as to why I was not getting any feed back which only served to reinforce my doubts about theism.
  • jehobi
    jehobi

I have given 100's of public prayers. Field service, CO visit, WT. Now that I am awake I have one last prayer that I have been waiting to say to provoke a response and to tell everyone that I am out. Here it goes.

Our loving invisible father in the heavens,

we humbly come before your almighty invisibility

to thank you, for everything even the things we did not ask for, like this life full of suffering and misery

so that you could prove to the universe your sovereignty.

We are so thankful that you chose to communicate through a book written by dozens of nomadic

goat herders and other illiterate men, stories of your great invisible power, which make no sense to us pitiful

worthless humans of dirt and dust. What are we but little grains of sand in your great sandbox to play with

like toys, to manipulate, to use as pawns to prove you alone are the almighty, because the 1st one thousand

years of human suffering did not prove it you needed to go on for another 5000 years. But we KNOW the end

is so close this time. We just KNOW IT!

Jehovah we thank you that only WE, the cult known as Jehovah's Witnesses know your true name. Nobody

else knows it like us and that makes us feel special. It gives us a special feeling to know that the greatest

invisible power of the universe loves us. You could be using rocks to preach but instead give us this pitiful job.

And Jehovah, we can't thank you enough for making all the delicious animals for us to eat. In your almighty

foreknowledge, you knew that we would just love to eat meat, especially bacon which is why you banned

it at first but then changed your mind because you made those dirty filthy pigs clean again like you made us

clean again! Oh Jehovah! The heavens cry out with your glory and honor!

Please continue to bless YOUR ONLY organization. Please help the preaching work continue, or at the very

least help your servants, your ONLY servants to reproduce faster so that your ONLY organization can at least

keep up with the population growth of the earth at 1.8%. Then we pray that you give us the reproductive

prowess of the Muslims who are increasing at a rate 250 times faster than your ONLY organization. We can't

let Satan win! We say this through your son, Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for us, AMEN!

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I no longer pray. Have not in years; only bow my head out of respect at the KH and sometimes say the customary 'amen'.

Does he not know all things? Why do we have to ask for anything in prayer, or even mention anyone's name?! Silly, useless. His answer is usually "No", so why even bother?!

What is this 'sick' need for these all knowing, all encompassing, all powerful deities to be worshipped in anyway by us lowly grasshoppers?!

DY

• kairos
    kairos

Seems like most have come to the same conclusion.

Some seem to believe they have a relationship with god.
    Can anyone explain what that means?

Even when I was "all in" , I never thought I had any kind of relationship with any non-humans.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit