Hey G.B., how do I get saved at Armageddon?

by The Fall Guy 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Study Watchtower September 2019, page 12, par. 16 - “....to be saved at Armageddon, we must show that we “know God” and that we “obey the good news about our Lord Jesus.” (2 Thess. 1:7-9) We “know God” when we know his likes, dislikes, and standards. We also show that we know him when we love and obey him and give him our exclusive devotion.”

Exclusive devotion to God? OK, I can do that. Any other requirements for survival which Paul forgot to mention and that I should know about?

page 13, par. 17 - “That obedience includes........supporting Christ’s anointed brothers (the usual suspects at the top of the pyramid!) as they care for their weighty responsibilities.”

Yeah, carrying numerous bottles of Macallan Whisky to your Cadillac is a "weighty" responsibility!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Yeah, carrying numerous bottles of Macallan Whisky to your Cadillac is a "weighty" responsibility!

Image result for laughing my ass off

• carla
    carla

“know God”- This is where mainstream Christianity and the jw's differ. In mainstream Christianity the Christian would say you must have personal relationship with God/Jesus. Simply reading about it and following the dictates of a few men/organization is not enough and not required for salvation.

For example; one could read all about Kim Jong-un, read about his likes and dislikes but that doesn't mean you actually 'know' him does it?

jw's claim Jesus is their King, yet they aren't even allowed to talk to Him in prayer. They simply give lip service to Him at the end of prayer like a tailsman or something.

• sir82
    sir82

Is there any other "Christian" religion out there for which the number one requirement for salvation is not faith, but instead obedience?

You really have to jump through some hoops to derive that conclusion from the new testament.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    carla - "This is where mainstream Christianity and the JWs differ..."

Just this?

I think there might be one or two other things.

• Giordano
    Giordano

We need to know God from a JW?

I am walking down the street and my name is Giordano or Gio for short. Someone calls out 'Hey John'. I don't react because they are calling out to someone else.

Hey John? Doesn't work for me.

You can't know Jehovah because that is not his name....it's a name that was made up by a Catholic Monk in the 13th century. The WT actually admits this but doesn't make a big deal out of that tidbit cause they already made up their minds to push Jesus to the rear of their beliefs. Jesus according to the Greek translation did not use Yahway or Jehovah he used the term Father or Lord.

Jehovah would have been impossible since there was no J in the Hebrew alphabet until 400 years ago. Jehovah as a name did not exist nor did Jesus.

Now you can understand why your prayers are not answered.

No one is home at that number.

One other thought........ The entire WTBTS JW construct was made up on the bones of the Adventist movement.

Since being a witness of God is mentioned once in the OT and being a witness for the Christ was mentioned some 22 times in the NT it is evident that the WTBTS didn't understand what their Bible was telling them.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

So no personal growth from living a valuable, interesting life and learning what matters and what doesn't. What hurts and what makes us happy. How to get the best from relationships. The values of hard work, job satisfaction, stretching yourself to do better each year. The joy, the intellectual buzz of learning something new.

Just follow these rules boys and girls and wait for paradise. Don't forget to despise all the others who aren't following them as well as you.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

We “know God” when we know his likes, dislikes, and standards. We also show that we know him when we love and obey him and give him our exclusive devotion.”

.......and according to Jesus's instructions for preaching his Gospel of a new kingdom to come, we shouldn't set times or dates upon god's own sacred time, making are selves false prophets and false teachers by the printed publications we make and proliferate to the public

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

carla - "This is where mainstream Christianity and the JWs differ..."

Yes... Watchtower religion demonstrates that If you repeat the name at least Jehovah 1000 times a day and hail the Faithful Slave 2000 times a day you will be saved from annihilation (not justified to life) and given 1000 years to prove you are worthy of God's acceptance.

"WORKING HARD FOR THE REWARD OF ETERNAL LIFE" (Watchtower, August 15, 1972)

• blondie
    blondie

Jehovah

Jesus

GB

other anointed

non-anointed

It was obvious to me that WTS members not on the GB could not access Jesus or Jehovah through prayer unless going through the GB, who tell their members that they must go through the FDS (GB) as to how to prayer, what to pray for, what prayers God hears, that Jesus does not hear their prayers, he like the inanimate phone conveying the message, etc.

To me it meant that the WTS members did not have the ability to understand the words of the Bible, even Jesus' words, the Son of God per the WTS. If Jesus a perfect man who had known god for millions of years and worked along side god, could not clearly state what god thought for the benefit of all his followers, why would imperfect men on the GB think they could do better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit