TODAY IS MY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY

by jusastudy 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• jusastudy
    jusastudy

HI EVERY ONE I KNOW A LOT OF PEOPLE THOUGHT I WAS A HIT AND RUN, BUT IM STILL AROUND. I WILL ALWAYS BE READING, EVEN IF I DONT POST. TODAY 5-3-03 IS MY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY. TO A MAN WHO IS NOT A JW. WHO LAST YEAR ROUND THIS TIME I WAS ADVISED NOT TO BE UNEQUALLY YOKED TO. IM STRIVING TO BE BAPTISED, AND HE WAS REALLY KIND OF NONCHALANT ABOUT EVERYTHING. WHAT MAKES ME MAD RIGHT NOW IS THE SMUGNESS OF THE JWS. "HOW COULD THIS MAN BE RIGHT FOR ANYONE HES NOT A JW " " IS HE THINKING OF THE SPIRITUAL NEEDS OF THE FAMILY" HES NICE TO ME HE TREATS ME GOOD. I WAS TOLD CALL NOONE GOOD BUT GOD . I CAME IN THIS RELATIONSHIP WITH THREE CHILDREN AND HE TREATS THEM NO DIFFERENT THAN HIS. ON MY LAST POST SOMEONE SAID " ONE YEAR AND YOURE UPSET" SOME SMALL HISTORY. I BEGAN STUDING WITH THE WITNESSES IN 1989. NEVER COMMITTED MYSELF TO IT. BECAUSE OF THE WAY I HAD TO MOVE AROUND. BUT I THOUGHT JUST LIKE ONE. THIS PAST YEAR I WANTED TO REALLY COMMIT MYSELF. I COULDNT BECAUSE I LIVED WITH MY NOW HUSBAND. I WAS TOLD THT ICOULD NOT PROGRESS LIVING IN SIN IN THIS WAY. EITHER LEAVE OR GET MARRIED. SO I WENT TO HIM TOLD HIM EITHER MARRY ME OR ELSE. HE DID. BUT WHEN I LOOK BACK ON THAT PERSON THAT I WAS,THE WAY THAT I WAS FEELING INSIDE THAT FOR JEHOVAH I WOULD HAVE LEFT HIM AND NEVER LOOKED BACK. ONE YEAR LATER IM SO HAPPY HE IS WONDERFUL.

ENOUGH OF THAT, I HAVENT ENDED MY STUDY YET WHEN I DO I WILL LET EVERYONE KNOW. AFTER ALL THE POSTS AND THE RESEARCH I CRIED BECAUSE EVEN THOUGH I NEVER COMMITTED I ALWAYS FELT IT WAS THE TRUTH AND ONE DAY " I WOULD MAKE THE TRUTH MY OWN " IT WILL TAKE SOME ADJUSTMENTS BUT I WILL BE FINE. ONCE AGAIN IM GLAD I FOUND THIS FORUM BEFORE I WAS BAPTISED AND YES IM GONNA END MY STUDY I HATE TO LOSE THE FRIENDSHIP OF THE PEOPLE I MET. BUT OH WELL LIFE GOES ON

• shamus
    shamus

Hi Justastudy,

Just some cautionary words to you about being "just a study". They sure seem nice, don't they? There is a reason why. They only are nice to you b/c they can count time while talking to you. You may find that hard to believe, but it is true. When I got baptised, and they could not count time anymore, like write me letters even from half way around the country, THAT WAS IT. These "friends" of mine were no more interested in me than bonus points toward their own egos in counting time. And I want you to believe me that I made "the truth my own". I went into it without family / friends, was opposed by everyone, and made it. Too bad that making it meant that they all treated me like crap, too. I was told that I was a skinhead at one point by the person who brought me into the truth.

I want you to really think about how "friendly" they are. The SECOND - THE VERY SECOND that you start having troubles, they will consider you weak, and not assosiate with you. Honestly - they just don't care.

Good luck to you.

• jgnat
    jgnat

You know, even in Christendom's churches there is a lot of concern about being "unequally yoked". I wonder if we miss the "spirit of the law" in this case, because I saw lots of girls marry men who were tempermentally unsuitable but conveniently of the same faith.

But what if you are with someone you just know is good for you? Doesn't it just follow that you will be able to successfully team together through life's storms?

And as for the out-of-context scripture quote;

And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good save one, even
    God. (Mark 10:18 ASV)

There is a very good possibility Jesus was trying to jolt the young man in to realizing that he may have been talking to God himself. Was there ever a man who was completely good? Yet Jesus was. Consider that Jesus also said,

The good man out of his good treasure bringeth forth good things: (Matthew 12:35 ASV)

It sounds like you got yourself a good husband. Congratulations!

• Mystery
    Mystery

justastudy -- Happy Anniversary!

You sound like you have a very good man. Keep it that way. If you get baptised it could drastically change. And as said above, you will be the one that is considered the "weak" one in JW's eyes.

My husband took my 2 boys as tho they are his own. They now have more respect and love for him than their biological father. If you find a man that treats your children as his own and loves them then how could you ever believe him to be a "bad" man. If you get baptised he will be considered a "bad" man in the eyes of JW's.

Don't ruin your life simply because you found someone to study with, and be friends with. I was brought up a JW, I was baptised at 13. I think it should be absolutely against the law for a child to be baptised. Now, I can't get away from it unless I want cut off from my family.

Gone for over 20 years; but still can't get rid of the disfellowshipment agenda.

If you still feel that they are "the truth" please explain to me completely how it can be "gods way" to disfellowship?

Wishing you happiness and love,
    X-JW (but not yet disfellowshipped - if it is ever a come back or lose your family thing - I WILL lose my family. I can NEVER go back to the lies)

Live your life under your own control; not theirs.

• lollydawdle
    lollydawdle

Congrats to jusastudy! for seeing the light before it's too late! LOL Many of us spent 20, 30 and more years "in the truth" only to find out it was a BIG lie! Glad you're not going to waste those years. My children are still in, and I hope they see the light too. Many, many happy returns on your anniversary!!! God bless you, jusastudy!

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Jusastudy, There is nothing wrong with wanting to "make the truth your own". The problems start when we associate the Witnesses or other religions with "truth". The Source of all things is present where you are. You'll see. Welcome! and congratulations! JamesT

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Justa:

Congratulations on seeing the light and on your one year Anniversary into what is really true.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit