No matter our beliefs, we can all benefit from some simple wisdom about "karma." 12 Laws of Karma That Will Change Your Life

by kpop 17 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty

I'm not being aggressive.

I just think it's worth pointing out that karma is based on Buddhist bullshit. Of course there are valuable insights that to be gained as I said in my first post.

In your OP you said "Whatever one puts out into the Universe will come back to them"

That is woo-woo.

• kpop
    kpop

In your OP you said "Whatever one puts out into the Universe will come back to them"

No need to put words into my mouth. I never said that. The article says that, not me. But again, the point being, from a logical standpoint is that you can expect to get back what you put in. Don't look further than that.

I just think it's worth pointing out that karma is based on Buddhist bullshit.

Ok fine. It's Buddihist bullshit. I agree. Can we get over that and examine the benefits of what I posted?

• cofty
    cofty
    the point being, from a logical standpoint is that you can expect to get back what you put in

That has nothing at all to do with the "laws" of karma.

Can we get over that and examine the benefits of what I posted?

Yes, I already said twice that numbers 2 & 3 are great advice.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Kpop this was a big problem for me in the JW religion. My husband and I were kind, good to people in the congregation and we worked damned hard at pioneering. What we got back from the congregation was unkindness and jealousy from the other elders. Do you know that scripture cast your bread on the water and it will come back to you after many days. After a while my husband and I used to say cast your bread on the water and what do get back, soggy bread.

So to get logical results from hard work and trying to live ethically a central point to remember is get out of a cult first! If you're in a bad situation, and you can insert, war zone, poverty, serious illness, cult, whatever and your karma law number one does not happen do you see?

• kpop
    kpop

So to get logical results from hard work and trying to live ethically a central point to remember is get out of a cult first! If you're in a bad situation, and you can insert, war zone, poverty, serious illness, cult, whatever and your karma law number one does not happen do you see?

You convinced me! I'm going to be a cut-throat, vicious SOB and take whatever I can get from anyone.

All kidding aside. I know what you mean. I still believe in being the best person I can be no matter what happens.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    I still believe in being the best person I can be no matter what happens.

So do I because that's the kind of world I want to live in and it's good for me too.

• Giles Gray
    Giles Gray
    kpop:- I'm going to be a cut-throat, vicious SOB and take whatever I can get from anyone.

That's the spirit...

In so many cases in life, this approach actually works better than being considerate and kind.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Since I left the organization and was finally able to clarify my fantasy about humans living in peace and harmony on this planet. I've done alot of thinking about humanity and it would be nice if kindness and goodness was the order of the day but sadly it is not. The planet is full of all kinds of humans with their own capabilities and agendas.

I used to believe or at least I tried to believe that there was a loving god who had our best interests at heart and we could trust him and paradise was coming. I was in my own dreamworld but now I see the bible as a book about a monster who threatens us with destruction and tells us we deserve it. The world is crazy and maybe being kind works sometimes but not always. Sometimes it's like feeding cookies to a large bear when you run out your in trouble. I'm disappointed for sure but it is what it is. You have to find something interesting to do with your life while avoiding dangerous pitfalls until you run out of time which we all will despite having once thought we could live forever or maybe not even die. That was kind of fun for a while but it wasn't true.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit