Second school

by llubrevlis2000 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• llubrevlis2000
    llubrevlis2000

Has the auxiliary class or second school been done away with?

when I grew up in my congregation we even had three schools, so three bible readings and three lots of student assignments.

after covid it seems everything is easier, less assignments now some only seem to get one or two per year.

being an elder is much easier these days, everything is done for you. Meetings are full of videos and Q&As need no preparation you could take a watchtower or cong book study with zero preparation and most midweek meetings have Q&As that requires no preparation

everything is getting easier if you do ten mins on the ministry before coffee break then you are doing well

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

speaking of schools, in 2006 I moved from a Hall where I was on the school into a Hall, where the School servant ask if I was joining and I think I say yes...but that was the end of it . He evidently forgot to follow through and I was glad of it. I never joined when it was suggested from time to time for ones who weren't on the school to do so. I reasoned I had enough stress in my life without that addition. There were a few times when I forgot I had an assignment and had to scramble to throw something together ... I had been in the school for over 30 years . I didn't like doing assignments in the second school. I felt like if I put the work into it, I wanted an audience. More glad than ever now I didn't rejoin.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The Ministry School has been abolished entirely so the question does not arise. These field ministry presentations that they do these days are different. I have never seen any suggestion that they divide the meetings

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

When I was 'school overseer', our congregation once had a main school and two additional schools.

Also, in those days each student had a counsel sheet and they were expected to work through all the points, with the school overseer marking each point of counsel good, weak or improved.

Now a days, the talks are just a parrot repeat of some video or other and I don't think anyone is asked to work anything, just a general chat about the pre assigned point they were supposed to be working on.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

These days the meeting talks are either prerecorded or just two silhouettes on a screen.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

LOL - in most KHs now, if they divided for a second school, there would be no one to listen in the main hall.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Ive been tsking 3rd grade reading for 70 years. Working on " pronownsheashun". Actually think I got fired over beard. The threat was shave or give up school. A really hard decision.

• llubrevlis2000
    llubrevlis2000

most KHs now, if they divided for a second school, there would be no one to listen in the main hall.

This is a good point, I mean there are sisters doing microphones as the attendance is so poor

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit