Will the Russian brothers start to wake up?

by nowwhat? 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

If I was a Russian brother I would be wondering what exactly is the gb doing to help us out. They are sitting in their Lakeside corporate country club doing nothing while outside worldly agencies are making known our plight. I found it puzzling that they flew out of Russia like a bat out of hell as soon as the court rendered its decision leaving us high and dry. And they seemed more concerned about the properties being lost then the brothers. Just wondering

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

The Watchtower has the flock convinced that if they are going through persecution then that is one of the signs that they are God's people, and are in the true religion. Also, another problem is they don't think for themselves. But could you just picture how mad a person would be once they do finally wake up, and realize the troubles they went through over a lie?

• sir82
    sir82

It's been a while since you were a JW, I'm guessing.

The persecution is convincing the Russian JWs that they are the true religion. They "rejoice because they have been counted worthy to be dishonored for his name".

They don't think about the "GB in their country club". They are thanking Jehovah that the GB has peaceful surroundings so that they (the GB) can pray for them (the Russian JWs). They are convinced that the GB prayers are "helping them to remain loyal in this test of faith".

Making martyrs is about the worst way to try to "kill" a deeply emotional movement, such as a religion.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Just thinking logically, I would be saying why are we the only ones being persecuted then?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Imagine if Mark Sanderson had been arrested and imprisoned while in Russia. I can’t help thinking the response of the other GB members to the persecution might have been different than it has been if it was Mark Sanderson languishing in jail. They might have been less likely to antagonise Russia with “king of the north” speculation, and their diplomatic efforts to secure release might have been more energetic and focussed on success rather than grandstanding.

On the other hand, maybe the GB could have lived with Mark Sanderson in jail. Maybe he was sent to Russia by the GB because he was in some sense the most expendable in case anything went wrong. Surely not, just some idle speculation.

• sparky1
    sparky1

If I could give your comment 100 thumbs up, I would slimboy. I agree...throw the everyday Watchtower 'cattle' under the bus but if it were one of their own, they would have been much more discreet in not 'poking the Russian Bear'. To pirate and parody Joseph Stalin's alleged quote: 'The arrest of one Governing Body member is a tragedy, the arrest of hundreds of Jehovah's Witness publishers is a statistic.'

• sir82
    sir82

Just thinking logically, I would be saying why are we the only ones being persecuted then?

"Because we are the only true religion. Jesus said his true followers would be persecuted. We are being persecuted. Ergo, we are the true followers of Jesus."

The logic of an ex-JW long removed from WT-world is far far removed from JW "logic".

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Yeah, it's not gonna do much to anyone's faith. The Governing Body will send their love and prayers and the faithful will eat it up. The more Russia cracks down, the more Jehovah's Witnesses will feel persecuted, i.e., special, important, meaningful. That's gonna draw them deeper in, not push them further out.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    If I could give your comment 100 thumbs up, I would slimboy. I agree..

As they say in Clash Royale, “sparky doesn’t know the meaning of overkill!”

Anyway, if I could give you one thumbs up I would do so also, sparky1, but my thumbs don’t work here!

• Tobyjones262
    Tobyjones262

No they will not wake up. Pressure will make the cult members feel like they have to cling to the cult even more. You can not use reason on a cult. I agree with Russia. JWs are dangerous and I wish every country would ban them, Scientology and other cults. They have no place in society.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit