For the UK folks - "Former professional boxer Dennis Harbon, 68, took own life, inquest told"

by ShirleyW 6 Replies latest jw friends

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I get the Google Alerts for the Dubs - an article from Telegraph & Argus features the story in the title, I'm not techy enough to know how to attach it here, but his wife ID'd him a JW, then it says he was a window washer, so no doubt that he was def a Dub, he's from Mayfield Place in Wyke. He was acting irratic jumping in and out of traffic and such.

Is this a big story in whatever part of the UK this was taking place in?

• stillin
    stillin

It seems like somebody here would have been aware of him. JW's love celebrity Witnesses. I would be curious about his story.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Never heard of him but:-

HARBON Dennis On March 1, 2017, tragically, Dennis (Ex Bradford Boxer) aged 68 years of Wyke. A loving and much loved husband of Amanda, a precious dad of Chris, Lee, Rachel, Micah and Megan, a proud grandad of Jake, Bryony and Bella Rose, a much loved son of Jean and the late Kenny, a great big brother of Steven, Darren, Derek and Margaret and a good friend to all who knew him. Funeral service will be held at Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses, Coates Terrace off Manchester Road on Monday, March 13, at 1.30p.m., prior to interment at North Bierley Cemetery. Will friends please meet at Kingdom Hall.

Published in the Bradford Telegraph and Argus on 9th March 2017

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

didn't know him, RIP

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

You know he had prominence, status, and money, cause if he committed suicide, there is no other way that the JW's would let him have a service in the Kingdom Hall unless he had status and MONEY.

• John Free
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Sad story ... I wonder if his meds (and recent change of ) had anything to do with it?

I think Wing Commander (above ) is being somewhat judgemental . All Witness deaths , and those of relatives if wished, get a service at the K/Hall , Suicides are not excluded.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit