Watchtower Ironically Warns It's Memeber About "Propaganda" - Watchtower July 2017

by pale.emperor 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

So JWs are supposed to follow the advice of the GB to the letter at pain of disfellowshipping... but if/when that advice fails they can hold their hands up and say "hey, we're just imperfect men!".

Sounds legit.

The banning of blood transfusions, abysmal child protection record, no career, no university, shifting dates, removing old publications from the online library... this is a house of cards waiting to fall.

• cognisonance
    cognisonance

@ ttdtt: Regarding:

propaganda “is likely to be most effective,” says one source, “if people . . . are discouraged from thinking critically.
    Hmm... doesn't the governing body explicitly discourage critical thinking? Yeah the ellipse is intellectually dishonest, but really, JWs being advised to use critical thinking? Huh? Contrast that with these quotes:

The word philosophy is derived from Greek roots that mean “love of wisdom.” As used here, philosophy is not built on acceptance of belief in God, but it tries to give people a unified view of the universe and endeavors to make them critical thinkers. It employs chiefly speculative means rather than observation in a search for truth. - https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101989253#h=2

In modern times, a very small number among God’s people have become disgruntled with some aspect of Christian teaching and have murmured against the earthly part of Jehovah’s organization. Why does this happen? Such murmuring is often caused by a lack of understanding of God’s way of doing things. The Creator progressively reveals the truth to his people. Hence, our understanding of the Scriptures is bound to be refined from time to time. The vast majority of Jehovah’s people rejoice over such refinements. A few become “righteous overmuch” and resent the changes. (Ecclesiastes 7:16) Pride may play a role, and some fall into the trap of independent thinking. Whatever the reason, such murmuring is hazardous, since it can draw us back into the world and its ways. - https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2006525

*** km 9/07 p. 3 Question Box ***
    Does "the faithful and discreet slave" endorse independent groups of Witnesses who meet together to engage in Scriptural research or debate? -- Matt. 24:45, 47.

No, it does not. And yet, in various parts of the world, a few associates of our organization have formed groups to do independent research on Bible-related subjects. Some have pursued an independent group study of Biblical Hebrew and Greek so as to analyze the accuracy of the New World Translation. Others explore scientific subjects related to the Bible. They have created Web sites and chat rooms for the purpose of exchanging and debating their views. They have also held conferences and produced publications to present their findings and to supplement what is provided at our Christian meetings and through our literature.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I can imagine the amount of emotional pain and discomfort the writer for this article experienced. I think I would crack up if I was a writer for the WT corporation and had to write this utter garbage to keep my job for the slave laborer WT corporation.

How can they sleep at night after writing this hypocritical garbage for loyal members instructions not to read anything bad against the organization and believe it. He has to be close to being a psycho any day now.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I think this is a good place for a video about the king of propaganda Freud's double nephew who learned well from his double uncle:

This is a not very flattering video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ3RzGoQC4s

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

WT thinks and acts just like their enemy's, communism and fascism. Book burnings, closing library's and university's, one channel media, one official newspaper and the think police are their common wet dream.

Paradise will be like North Korea. One truth and all happy. And with happy I mean the leadership is happy with their money and privileges.

G.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

It is articles like this in the WT and other publications of the WTB&TS that convince me the Governing Body members know without doubt that they are deceiving and manipulating their own people brothers and sisters to keep their organisation going and their own positions in the organisation.

Individuals may not have started out that way ,but ego , position ,authority ,power ,all have an influence in maintaining the status quo of their position.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit