Are you superstitious?

by JH 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Would you consider, 'what goes around, comes around' superstitious?

Guest 77

• be wise
    be wise

Not really, some people seem to get away with a lot.

I know someone who's more supersticious than normal. It's bad luck to walk between signposts and walk over 3 pathway drain covers that are attached to each other.

Me, it doesn't bother me. I walk under ladders and whatever but then again I'm not the luckiest person in the world at the best of times so maybe I should be?

• JH
    JH

I think that the hockey goaler Patrick Roy never steps on the blue line, he jumps of it...

Sports superstitions

Athletes are a rare bunch. This might be the least debatable statement in this entire article. Depending on the sport, there are many interesting stories. For one, it is widely accepted that players do things depending on the streak they are in. Sometimes, a player that has a strong game may repeat every step in his preparation for the following games.

Other athletes will never touch lines. Baseball pitchers rarely touch the white lines. There could be many explanations and each hurler may have his own. I suspect that it's because smudging the white lines that separate fair balls from foul ones may make a call go against them in later innings as the umpire may think that the ball, and not their foot, touched the line.

Hockey players are the same -- from goalies that talk to their post, to others who jump over the blue line that separates the defensive zone from the neutral zone. Current Colorado goaltender, Patrick Roy, admitted to talking to his goalposts in his rookie season with the Montreal Canadiens when he won the championship -- but only after the playoffs were over. Whatever their madness, there is usually a method to it and this is measured by the win and loss column.

• JH
    JH

Even the Jehovah Witnesses are VERY superstitious. Haven't you noticed that before each meeting they say a prayer. Each and every time! That must be a superstition...

• larc
    larc

No, I am not superstitious. I did not break a mirror, and I still had seven years of bad luck.

• Brummie
    Brummie

I'm not, touch wood I never will be.

I guess I can thank the JWs for that in a way.

Brummie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit