God vs ET`s ,why is one more probable than the other ?

by smiddy3 18 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Billions of people around the world beleive in a GOD of some sort or other who exerts some power or influence to some degree or other in lifes affairs .

I don`t think there would be anywhere near that figure that would entertain the possability of Extra Terrestial life elsewhere in the universe.

And I find that curious .

The ancients didn`t know that their were other humans on other continents on this planet until they ventured out and found them .

We live somewhere in the milky Way Galaxy with millions of suns and planets that orbit them.

Our galaxy is only one of Trillions if not Zillions of galaxys in the known Universe.

Look at the diversity of life on just this one planet earth ,what possabilitys could exist elsewhere ? On alien worAstronomers can use the Hubble Space Telescope to view galaxies near the edge of the observable universe (the region of space from which light has had a chance to reach us within the last 13.77 billion years). By examining a very tiny portion of the sky, counting up the number of visible galaxies in the universe in that specific region, and then multiplying that number to account for all the regions of the sky, astronomers estimate the number of galaxies in the universe. The best estimate from a 1999 study set that number at about 125 billion galaxies, and a 2013 study indicated that there are 225 billion galaxies in the observable universe. In 2016, that number was upped to 2 trillion, in large part because a new analysis included all the tiny, fluffy galaxies in the early universe.lds ?

If i were a betting man I would put my money on life elsewhere in the universe than there being an Almighty GOD .

Your thoughts ?

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

Life evolves from the bottom up not the top down. I think you can understand from that one sentence the ideas of gods and aliens are two different sides. One is probable the other is improbable.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Wrong thread.

• waton
    waton

we learned the hard way, that both energy and a process (laws) are needed to create, shape anything. The amount of energy locked up in matter is mind boggling. so is the amount of matter.

energy is uncreated. while a baby seems to create itself, why should be that true of the universe?

replicating the start of life, which is a unique user of energy, is very difficult, even if you have all the ingredients, and can create the condition that would favour the restart of the process, so:

with all the trillions^4 of places of places available in the universes, it could have started often. to do that you would need only one creator, you would have many creatures.

Energy and laws from the top down, not bottom up.

gods are made up creatures of/ in our minds. Aliens would be fellow travellers using energy longer, better.

enJoy the time and energy, stuff allotted to you.

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

Watched Human universe with brain Cox this morning (bbc2 UK)

"The gods are later than creation" a Hindu saying.

Why are we here ,laws of physics and how we basically won the lottery on earth with all these law's being in the right place at the right time and the right amount.

And that's there's no reason why the odds that numerous galaxy's in the universe have planets are as luckily as we are here on earth for life to evolve.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

It appears to me that only Abrahamic religions (Judaism, Christianity, Islam) take issue with life on other planets. This is especially so with Protestant/Reformationist denominations of Christianity. They whole-heartedly prescribe to Luther's teaching of Sola Scriptura - by Scripture Alone, that is to say everything in the Bible happened just as it is written and there are no other writings to put faith in.

Life on other planets goes against Sola Scriptura as the Bible makes no mention of it. This is where some serious cognitive dissonance come into play with many Christians. Even look into Jehovah's Witnesses. I heard whispers of thoughts of Witnesses who believed that dinosaur fossils were created by demons to try to get us to believe in evolution.

• Overrated
    Overrated

The Universe, ET, we as humans are learning every day something new. ET very possible. God, not not so much possibly.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

The thing with religion, is that it generally stems from very old stories, before we knew anything about the Universe. So they reflect that for example, there is a moon and an earth and a sun and then some stars, some (about 3) which are special and behave weird.

What do you do with that information, other than, well, we're here, we're special, we must be here for some purpose. Everything around us is special, everything we have, we make, so who made us, must be someone really big and powerful.

It's only been about 50 years that we have a pretty good idea about all the planets in the solar system and their moons. The majority of people alive today could not have learned in elementary school that there are other planets outside our solar system, we had a good idea there may be, but we didn't discover any until 1992. So the idea that ET could exist is very, very new.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Gods are an abstract inherently from human imagination and ignorance.

Since there are approximately 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

Planets in the universe I would say there is a probable chance that there other planets with living organisms/life on them, whether they have the capability to travel into outer space is another question of probability.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I am not questioning here whether or not UFO`s or UAP exists but whether or not in all probability life in one form or another could exist elsewhere in the universe .

Maybe my use of the term ET`s confused people. ET`s doesnt necessarily mean they are a higher intelligence visitors from outer space ,it just means their could be life on other planets somewhere in the universe, from the most basic life form to whatever ?

I hope you can appreciate the difference .

I`m not talking about Aliens visiting planet Earth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit