good article on how the Bible could have easily proven it's from God

by defender of truth 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• defender of truth
  • scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Interesting thoughts. Nothing new to me. I've always attacked those flaws that the bible have.

Thanks for the article. It's well written, easy read.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Ha, let me play the Devil's Advocate-

God did not make His Word unclear. The Bible is perfectly clear. The reason that the Bible can sometimes be hard to understand is that we are all fallen beings - sin clouds and distorts our understanding and leads us to twist the Bible to our own liking.
    It was written for the people of the time and we are supposed to look at it through their vision. The culture in which the Bible was written was very different from the cultures that exist today. The actions of nomadic shepherds in 1800 B.C. in the Middle East often do not make much sense to Westerners or Europeans of the 21st-century. When trying to understand the clear messages of the Bible, we must remove the 21st-century “lenses” we have and try to recognize the culture in which the Bible was written.
    The Bible is straightforward on the issues of morality and conduct. [Whichever "MY" belief is] is the correct understanding of such. Misinterpretations are due to our sinfulness, our pride, our own prejudices or our own desire to show our morality as better than that of those who don't know "the truth." When we study the Bible, we must ask God to remove the biases from our minds and help us interpret His Word apart from our own shortcomings. This is often a difficult step to take, as it requires humility and a willingness to admit mistakes.
  • Bugbear
    Bugbear

Good article

So you could say quite simple that God failed in his most important dissertation, sorry God no examine try again, do something better next time and study more. By the way your last try, wasn´t it just before the flood?

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

I know that was sarcastic. Anyway, Let me play the prosecution for OnTheWayOut (

So, the Bible is only for those ancient people. And why couldn't God create a Bible for sinful humans to understand

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Given that Jesus, the creator of the universe, came to earth. He could have easily provided scientific guidance or clues that may not have been understood then, but future generations could use these clues as definitive proof of being the all-knowing creator.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    EverApostate

I know that was sarcastic. Anyway, Let me play the prosecution for OnTheWayOut

So, the Bible is only for those ancient people. And why couldn't God create a Bible for sinful humans to understand

I had a nice answer typed out and something with the quotes makes me drop my response outside of them. So here I go again:

To answer from THEIR POINT OF VIEW, The Bible did need to be understood by those ancient people, but God knows that if we ask for help today, we can understand it also.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit