Death of a loved one and faith

by ilikecheese 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Giordano
    Giordano

Very sorry for your loss. If it's a comfort to think she is in heaven do so. No one can tell you she isn't. Mourn her, remember all the good things she did.

My wife says that when she dreams about her late Mother...... it's a visit and a gift.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I am so very, very sorry for the loss you and your family are feeling.

I don't have special insight into what happens at death.

The world goes on, but sadly, we do not. To lose life at a relatively young age and while surrounded by so much love is just so heartbreaking.

I think you can find comfort in your own words here:

Mom had a heart of gold. If there is a heaven, she is SO there. I haven't met anyone more deserving of it. I like to think of the verse about whoever was last being first. Mom would be the first in line for everything.

Seems that in the lottery of being assigned parents, you got a grand prize. Cherish our favorite memories of your mom.

Trust in the kindness of others and share your own unique abilities (inherited and trained by the woman you admire and miss) with the rest of humanity.

Again, though, very sorry for your pain at the loss of your mom.

• Perry
    Perry

I'm very sorry for your loss.

My mom died recently. She had been a baptized witness for over 72 years. At the end, she was given four times the amount of narcotics needed to knock someone out according to her doctor. Yet, she would burst out periodically, I DON'T WANT TO DIE! She said other things as well.

There are many documented cases of people with most of their brain eaten away by cancer or Alzheimers having periods of perfect lucidity when approaching death.

You can google terminal lucidity and make up your own mind whether of not your conscious soul will survive the demise of your body.

Terminal Lucidity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit