JWs now in the movie business

by mickbobcat 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

So the cult is building movie studios and making films or propaganda D movies of Jesus. My question is how do they plan to make their investment back? My guess is that they are hoping that this somehow brings in converts. I highly doubt it will but one never knows. I mean televangelists bring in lots of converts with the dumbest of BS. Anyone heard of what they are going for in this ramp up of making movies?

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Maybe trying to keep the ones in. Average attention span of an amoeba. There is always the donation angle; "if you bought this from the world it would cost X".

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If I bought it from the world, I would expect to pay a certain amount for it and receive at least that much value out of it. If I am getting much less value from these, I should pay accordingly that much less. If I get zero or negative value from washtowel films, I shouldn't pay anything at all for it. I would rather get a good video from the world and pay what it is worth, than get rubbish from the washtowel.

• waton
    waton

That must be the most boring subjects. with the outcome of the plots well known for 2000 years.

may be they will try now angles, like explaining the truth, moral lesson behind the 70 times forgiving line:

If you are stupid enough to be victimised more than once, you deserve it. I told you so, keep forgiving.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The JesusVision limited series...

..."Brother Lett's Neighborhood" (filmed in front of a captive live studio audience)...

...a "science" special debunking evolution...

...and an epic adaptation of Revelation: Its Grand Climax at Hand! (viewer discretion advised).

And when it becomes clear that operating the facility will cost more than they can afford, the Org can sell it to Marvel Studios.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

My question is how do they plan to make their investment back?

Its just a new vehicle/strategy to brainwash people while they are sitting at the Kingdom Halls watching the video monitors or at their own personal computers.

Mentally manipulating people is how this organization retains its followers who will eventually offer up money and free labor.

The WTS/JWorg has millions on hand so its not like they are striving to get back a financial return on this new investment.

Their own sustenance of power is dependent upon them brainwashing other people and to them that's the most important investment that these men are endeavored to.

Doing so through video production in the end is substantially cheaper than doing so through printed literature. $$$

So sure an updated modern way of propagating their doctrines as viably corrupt charlatans but hey they are not trying to be in the literature publishing business any more.

Go to any Kingdom Hall now and notice that just about eveyone has a tablet in their hands.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I've heard this as the reason they are still making "mortgage payments" on Halls that were paid off long ago.

• Overrated
    Overrated

"There is a sucker born every minute " but now they are running out of suckers. Thanks to Google.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

One could say JWorg is brainwashing people 21st century style.

Maybe Bill Gates is the true faithful one ?

Keep watching the monitor brothers and sisters, keep watching

Learn how big brother the chosen one is going to save you

Big Brother in 1984: Quotes & Analysis - Video & Lesson Transcript |  Study.com

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Agree that it's to keep existing membership in and contributing.

Nothing they have done recently gives any indication that they have any expectations of bringing in outsiders, regardless of their faux witnessing videos acted out by shadow people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit