A new Tony Morris thread: Question

by XBEHERE 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

I am not trying to hijack the already well commented on thread on this subject

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5068920948523008/breaking-news-anthony-morris-iii-no-longer-serving-on-governing-body

However I do have a question: For PIMO's, PIMQ's, and those who still go to meetings in person fairly regularly... Is anyone still talking about this? I mean specifically are JWs who appear to be PIMI's (of course one ever knows for sure) still asking about it or even bringing this up?

In my case no. It seems beyond some cliques and maybe one on one conversations this is not a subject for public conversation anymore. I am just curious what you are observing

• blondie
    blondie

I do remember that except for the brief statement in the KM about Ray Franz no longer being a member of the GB, nothing else was said in the publications. Many in my group speculated but they said the WTS had been very definite about taking steps to stop this, firm steps. Of course, it was just speculation and rumor. I didn't realize the real reason until I talked to Ray Franz himself and got the info from the source. If any jws, PIMOs, PIMQs, or POMOs are discussing they are as has been said "Keeping their cards close to their chest."

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Im not sure half even know. But I am not well involved either. The buzz is CO visit and convention. Hardly any mention of a recent death either.

• blondie
    blondie

road to nowhere, I have seen announcements online jw.org saying some higher up jw has died. People were in the dark in 1981 when Ray Franz was announced by the WTS Kingdom Ministry that he was no longer a member of the Bethel Family. Pre-1981 only 2 references to Ray Franz "Finally, the new annex was completed, and on Saturday, May 13, 1978, Brother Raymond Franz of the Governing Body gave the dedication talk in French." (repeated 1 other place). I certainly had no clue and I knew several people at Bethel. Later 2 of them went home because the wife was pregnant, and privately they told me what they knew but told me not to tell anyone or they would get in trouble. From the August 1980 Kingdom Ministry p 2."This is a notification that Raymond Victor Franz is no longer a member of the Governing Body and of the Brooklyn Bethel family as of May 22, 1980.

• Journeyman
    Journeyman

In my experience, no-one is talking about this any more. There was a brief flurry of enquiry in a rather low-key way when the announcement was made, but it's all gone quiet.

I think a lot buy into the excuse of "ill health" and are happy to leave it at that. Remember, many in the congregations have not been baptised for more than a few years, so have no knowledge of past expulsions from the old GB, and the org is never very public about the history of what went on behind closed doors in NY (or any other branch for that matter). And those who have been around for a long while but are fully "in" don't question what they're told.

I think someone commented on the other thread that most JWs are not really that bothered - although the GB are in their faces so much these days due to videos and broadcasts, they're not very inquisitive about pushing below the surface of what the org tells them, and are happy to carry on with their everyday mundane stuff as if nothing has happened.

• blondie
    blondie

Journeyman, yes, here it is in print, if you don't understand what the WTS says, obey anyway. "At that time, the life-saving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not." W 2013 11/15 p 20.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Blondie : I’m just curious what was your take on meeting Ray Franz in person.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE
    In my experience, no-one is talking about this any more. There was a brief flurry of enquiry in a rather low-key way when the announcement was made, but it's all gone quiet.

I would agree with this. I think that there is more discussion and buzz in the Ex-JW community than the JW generally speaking. Eventually someone will divulge and I bet it is not even as sensationalist as we are making it out to be.

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

It's a funny religion.

My folks who have been in almost sixty years said to me recently, "We don't care if you prove to us that what we believe isn't correct or in line with the bible, we still know we have the truth!!"

🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

an IN person had some belongings here that I had ask several times to be picked up and gotten out of my care. Finially that happened. While here, person ask me if I would come back to which I said I was convinced the JW were wrong when I left and I was more convinced than ever and i would never be back. Where does this fit with the topic: the person asked if my leaving had anything to do with Tony Morris, because a lot of people and complained about him ( knew I didn't like him--don't know where that came from as I don't recall ever discussing him) and now Tony was no longer a GB. ( This said in the spirit of it being a good thing because it shows Jehovah is keeping things correct --not said but just the tone ( spirit ) of it. So the conclusion is this person has heard others complain about Tony and so took in stride he was no longer GB. I will add this person fully believes God has had and does have an earthly organization so the JW are it. ( a born in )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit