bloodguilt

by teejay 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Tina
    Tina

Hi teejay,
    Isn't that something? Something that we didn't 'theocratically' accomplish ,in the long run,turns out to be a very positive good thing! lol,regards,tina

Carl Sagan on balancing openness to new ideas with skeptical scrutiny...."if you are open to the point of gullibility and have not an ounce of skeptical sense,you cannot distinguish useful ideas from worthless ones."

• patio34
    patio34

Tina, I agree with you that responsibility doesn't rest with the one who studies with anyone. While we may or may not have personally "brought anyone into the truth," the responsibility (except for the persons born into it) of freedom of choice.

It's as Dr. Phil says in his book, it is your responsibility. If we were duped, what should we have done more? What would we do now? We have to own up to our own responsibility for our actions.

Not that one deserves to be duped and the 'duper' is still culpable, but we should have taken actions--as we would do now--to prevent our gullibility.

Then we can have much more power in our lives and not be afraid of it happening again.

Of course, I just feel I fell through the rabbit hole as Alice in wonderland did and couldn't escape for 28 long years!

I don't feel any degree of responsibility rests with the one who studied with me. Nor with any of you. As Ray Franz says "victims of victims."
    Patio

• Francois2
    Francois2

If we are discussing bloodguilt as in the olden Old Testament concept, I think we were all freed from that and everything else in that hoary old secular history of the Jews by the coming of Jesus and his clear statement regarding the "golden rule" that "no other" commandment was more important and that observing that one rule encompassed the entire law and prophets.

Not that it stopped the Tower from attempting to re-impose the old laws with its idiotic claim that the law might not be in force anymore, but the "principle" still applied. Codswattle. A casual reading of Galatians would inform a cretin that anyone attempting to reapply the old law was to be rejected. See?, this is what comes of thinking for one's self. You get to tell the Borg to go piss up a rope.

Francoise2 (In case you're wondering, yes this is the same as Francoise, but I hadda have a separate address for my desktop computer, just to keep things straight.)

• COMF
    COMF

There's been enough focus on guilt in our lives. We forgive ourselves for our past mistakes, reassure ourselves that we are good, acceptable and lovable people even though we have made some bad judgement calls, determine to always do the best we're able, and deal honestly and kindly as we interact with others. It's a prescription for a happy life, and guilt doesn't enter into it.

COMF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit