The question no JW can answer without resorting to babbling

by Crabby 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Sorry Crabby but Walter Martin was a douche. He left to meet his maker a number of years ago. He was on the radio and sounded like evil personified. He wrote Kingdom of the Cults. Most all witnesses have this one nailed with their own take, no babbling there Crabby. Stick with the overlapping generation teaching, now that is babble!

• Santa
    Santa

JW is the kingdom of the cults, so I guess Walter was a genius of sorts

• SpeedyBrother
    SpeedyBrother

You do know you can do your own research on the Trinity without the use of any JW sources and still find out it was not a 1st century teaching and that Jesus disciples didn't believe. Just Google 'origin of Trinity'

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Arguing the trinity is like rearranging the chairs on the titanic.

this is moot, because the bible ascribes the title "god", to judges (men), angels, and if they ascribe it to Jesus, it doesn't make his the offshoot triune person of a God-head.

A better question for you as a believer, is why do you believe the world was ever covered in water up to the tallest mountain, but God hid all evidence of this extinction event?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Scripture is probably the absolute worst way to engage a JW.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Hey Santa, the book "Kingdom of the Cults" is about Mormons, 7th day Adventists, JW's and many others. So when you comment, try a little research so you don't sound silly. Ho, Ho, Ho.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Crabby - "The question no JW can answer without resorting to babbling..."

...is pretty much any question, these days, really. :smirk:

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Crabby,

Instead of jumping around the Scriptures like a knight on a chess board, stick with the immediate passage and drill down into the complete context of John's Gospel.

Discover the back story of the Gospel -- the group that wrote it, what their experiences were, and how they arrived at their high Christology. Climb back into the times when it was written and the reasons that that group had for the Christological statements they were making. At the same time, research the Thomasine Christians, whose experiences matched those of the Johannines, although their soteriology and Christology were markedly different.

Doug

• Mozzie
    Mozzie

This is something i am going through at the moment, John1:1, i am on the fence, thing is i got to think out side of the big Os reasoning on it. The trinity i studied and came up wit all sorts of arguments at the door, Jesus was the first born of all creation, why did he say that the father was greater than i, only Jehovah know the tie of the end, not Christ. IN the Greys interlinear JOnh1:1 says in the beginning was the word, and the word was with Gog, and the word was with THE GOD, interestingly in Aramaic there is no letter A so we know that was an addition later on, this is one of the things i am battling with, the trinity, and the other one, about the issue, What if they hadn't eaten the fruit, they would have bot died, but most events in Revelation with th great crowd are taking place in Heaven, grrrrrrrrr, headaches lol

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Crabby is right on point in his argument. It's the same when Jehovah claims to give his glory to no one else yet Jesus is glorified. Moreover, Thomas worshiped Jesus at his feet bowing down to him and exclaiming my Lord! and my God!. This could not be being that Jesus rebuked Satan to only worship God. Huh?

If one takes a closer look at the scriptures one can readily decipher that although the word Trinity is not mentioned it is a reality in the mind of Paul and other prophets as they authored the gospels and letters. Paul actually described the Trinity mystery in 1 Timothy 3:16. Paul knew it would be hard for others to grasp this reality which is why he called it a mystery.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit