gcc2k asked "WHAT IS THE CURRENT VIEW"

by JT 16 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

gcc2k

made the following comments

1. The quotes showed are pretty old. What proof is there that this is the current view?
    2. In other words, no one knows if the professed view is still current or not, and nothing in the literature in the last 13 years has been written to discourage a JW from seeking mental health treatment.

Like it or not, WT doctrines and opinions change, and if you're going to sit here and criticize them, make sure you have the latest information to critique, otherwise there really is no point. I could sit here and harp on JWs for saying that aluminum foil is dangerous, but we all know that is not the current view.

As I read this posters comment all I could do was smile, I recall when I first came to the net I would say much the same as this poster has in an attempt to present a strong arguement, "That quote is old" --- in fact many of us recall doing much the same thing,

If I am not mistaken the poster indicated that they no longer were active as a jw, which by default means their old congo "Spits" on them as being weak and basically dirt

And if the poster is a male he is really dirt for the WT spokesman himself my buddy JR brown says of men who hold no position: are spiritually weak- so his old congo basically dogs him

So then one day this poster comes to the web, now while not being an active jw this poster still holds on to some remnants of wt dogma and thinking-

And as you read his post it is like a blinking red light that the old wt mindset is alive and well from his comments above-

What he has failed to realize by the quotes from the Society is that they are the proof to show they are not as claimed "Spirit directed"

Is it not amazing how a JW will quote the bible which is 1000's of yrs old and yet take offense with a quote from a wt that is 6 months old-

It is clear that this poster has not come to grasp the serious issues that are raised when a group claims to speak for god, makes such statements along with tons of others IN GOD'S NAME-- only to be completely wrong

All one has to do is look at how the wt treats other religions who claim to speak for god – they get dogged and rightly so

The wt is good for making goofy statements that are to be viewed as bible based or "Wisdom from above" when in fact they are neither

The mere fact that this poster uses the wonderful wt jargon "CURRENT VIEW" makes one want to laugh, -

Only a person who still believes that the wt has some good redeeming qualities would make such a statement

I showed his comments to some NONJW here at work like I always do and they laughed

For even they understood that there is no such thing as CURRENT VIEW

As one guy hre at work said

"It' like saying What's THE FLAVOR OF THE MONTH on dogmas"

yep even nonjw see how silly such a concept is

THIS has been one of wt greatest tricks and to think that many of us bought it

When one does critical thinking one sees how quickly the concept of CURRENT VIEW falls flat on it's face

If the wt presented things as THE OPINION of the editorial staff of the wt they would be just fine, problem is-- they could not enforce compliance, since it is merely the opinion of a man

So by telling folks like us and this poster that this is the will/view/position of god/bible

We accepted it-

Hopefully one day this poster will come to grasp what flipping and flopping back and forth on dogma really mean .

But as always we are thankful that he has at least come to realize the need to ask questions and as long as he is willing to read read read, he will be just fine

• undercover
    undercover
    Is it not amazing how a JW will quote the bible which is 1000's of yrs old and yet take offense with a quote from a wt that is 6 months old-

I like that one. That one can be used against JWs. Qoute an old WT and the JW will say, "well, that's the old view". But if JWs accept the Bible as their basis for their teachings then their view should never change. The Bible doesn't change and God doesn't change(according to the Bible) so why should doctrines and viewpoints change over the course of time with the WTS?

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

Is it not amazing that you won't answer his question?

• gcc2k
    gcc2k

JT, you misunderstand the spirit of my question. I am asking what's the current view, because if I take up the cause and come home with "SEE, THE WT SAYS THERAPY IS BAD" and it's not the current view, I will be immediately shot down. Besides, it's part of "making sure of all things" right?

I'm not sure what the point is your little comments about me and what you assume the attitude towards me in the congregation might be. Am I that much of a threat you need to discredit my persona, along with my questions?

You're right, the Bible is 1000s of years old and we don't question it, because it doesn't change. WT interpretation changes as we know, so if I'm going to sit here and criticize a WT position, I will do so with the current and most correct understanding as they define it.

So I'm welcome to come and "read read read" but not ask questions JT? Boy, you really were an elder. :)

• JT
    JT
    JT, you misunderstand the spirit of my question

my bad the current view is the Boys in Writing are realizing the wisdom of not commenting so dogmatically on things in the past-

currently Dr. Robin Thurston from my old hall is the WT Expert witness on child cases, she does probono work for the wt, when she was in my bookstudy she traveled at least 1 or 2 times a month to testify in cases to say that being a jw child is as healthy for the child as any other faith- her best friend Carol Wah who i tried to get one of my boys to marry is a single black woman who is at bethel and is one of thier top lawyers, her and robin are best of friends due to as robin says :

"There ain't alot of black professional sistas in the org"

her case load is unreal and all her clients are jw, in fact the CO from as far away as west va, and PA send her patients to VA- she IS SAFE--

WHAT i would encourage you to do if you have is read rays book this way you will get an inside view of the org that you have never seen in your life,

many of the men mentioned in rays book i know personally, many were like mentors to me- in fact the Spokesman for the WT JR Brown was one of my main mentors, the black bro at bethel used to refer to him as the WT Version of a Black Louis Farakan from the Nation of Isslam

he along with RP Johnson taught me and many other black bro two main points

1. love the bro

2 learn organization procedures like the back of your hand- yes at the level he plays at it is all about being a REAL SOCIETY MAN aka company man-

so for me i loved this organization and like so many others i gave GOD';S VISIBLE ORGANIZATION THE BEST YEARS OFMY LIFe ONLY to find out it was ALL BOGUS

my old roomate who is now a BETHEL HEAVY, TOLD ME

he and so many other guys in Writing and Service dept know that many of the things jw teach is bogus, but the org at least keeps the friends clean and out of trouble

as he put it since he flies around the world WHY BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU

i asked him how could he stand before 50,000 folks knowing that you are telling a lie

HE JUST LAUGHED- so for me i have had the chance to see the belly of this org and for the last 7yrs since i have been on the net i have shared with many here exp of how things work in the org that many will never see or hear of-

when i look back - only after studying the process of "Conditioning" do i fully understand how i was duped, esp since i was just 5 when i started working for the publishing company-

you are on the right track, stay the course ask all the questions you want, but more importantly DIG FOR YOUR OWN ANSWERS, DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH and in doing so you will not have to accept what some else says or thinks on a matter

i dont' know you from Adam, but i do know this fact- if you were a jw, you made life choices and decisions due to thinking that it was the will of god himself-

man you owe it to yourself to find out the real deal about this organization

just my 2

• JT
    JT
    Is it not amazing that you won't answer his question?

pork chop it is clear that you didn't read my post for if you had you would know i agreed that Bills words were off base in fact i sited an example of my own-- the PEDOPHILE PARADISE COMMENT- were i thought bill words were off, but by the same token i realize that if the message is directed to a jw FOR THE MOST PART IT MATTERS NOT if the facts are true, for the avg jw they could care less about facts proof and evidence, so many of us here have personaly seen how the avg jw reacts when presented with damaging facts about the org,they reject it but like i stated bill in my view has on many occasions went off on issues- and many here have pulled his chain for doing so

• JT
    JT
    The Bible doesn't change and God doesn't change(according to the Bible) so why should doctrines and viewpoints change over the course of time with the WTS?

you are so correct, another good wt phrase is - PRESENT TRUTH

NOW THAT IS ONE YOU GOT TO LOVE

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Revelation - Its Grand Climax At Hand! Book (1988), Page 8:

An even stronger reason for publishing this book is the need to keep up-to-date with present truth. Jehovah is continually shedding greater light on the meaning of his Word, and we can expect that our understanding of Revelation, along with other prophecies, will be sharpened as we draw closer to the great tribulation. (Matthew 24:21; Revelation 7:14) It is important that we be well informed. As the apostle Peter wrote concerning divine prophecy: "You are doing well in paying attention to it as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until day dawns and a daystar rises, in your hearts."—2 Peter 1:19.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Looks like a debate may be shaping up

• waiting
    waiting

Hello gcc......

Nice to meet you. I'm a 30 jw woman in good standing. My husband refused to have a position in the KH (55 yrs still in good standing). It was suggested (talked about) that he was "stiff necked"...."independent thinker" etc. Actually? He just wouldn't kiss anybody's rear - slightly pigheaded, imho.

But I think I'm qualified to speak to you a tad about mental health. Waaaaaaaaaay back in 1977, when I started to have major panic attacks, dr. suggested therapist. Being a "good little sister," I discussed my private mental health with a janitor, a candy machine filler, and a lawn mower guy - all elders. Their suggestion? Go to more meetings, get out in service more. They were real nice 'though. I followed their fine spiritual advice and finally got a handle on the situation, after years.

Jump forward about 18 yrs., panic attacks resumed with a vengence. Same suggestion from different doctor. Went to elders....they now said it was my decision....but beware of the influence of worldly people - "they don't value Jehovah's principles." So....dutiful sister I was, found a JW therapist. Came highly recommended by some other jw's. She had ok credentials. So I went to Boca Raton where she lived.

$15,000 lighter and two months later.....I broke away from her. I learned some from her - and had a vast anger towards anyone in that field. Took me several years before I'd speak with another therapist - who didn't have major private and religious issues. And then I healed.

My point? Yeah, society and The Society change their viewpoints - their opinions. But what is their Current View, New Light, Jehovah's spirit getting brighter, whatever the nifty slogan currently in use is............it is Jehovah's Law at that time. And then Jehovah's viewpoint - and law - changes.

Much hurt can be done during those times of changing opinions masquarading as Regimented Truths of Jehovah. I know....I was hurt.

JT's right in encouraging you to read, think, ponder. Read some more. There's a vast wealth of information on the web and in books. Current books with up-to-date quotes for you. There's a whole website called appropriately "Quotes" which is nothing but that....for people like you.

JT is one of the finest men concerning the WTworld. Even is he rubs a little rough, please take the time to think about what he writes. He's good (must be his southern upbringing, eh?)

Wishing you well on your way to freedom,

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit