My Guitar, My Friend

by Tallon 36 Replies latest social entertainment

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Back in the 70's, an old friend of mine attempted to teach me guitar. His name was Jon Isherwood. He took a number of ex's under his wing and introduced us to real debuchery and drunkeness. I really liked him.

He wrote a few songs, this was one of them. As usual, he's a bit drunk here too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugpW67rM0w8

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings, Tallon:

Yes, where are all the other musicians?

I apologize for not replying sooner, having been caught up with my own posting issues and forgetting momentarily the vital need to support the writing of fellow posters. Your poem is very well written and touches the heart, which is the main thing, of course. I am honored but not feeling so worthy of mention in your OP. I'm a pianist and music teacher, yet I, too, need to broaden my scope. I shall do so as of now because of this thread.

Stick with it, Tallon. Ten years of writing here has shown me the highs and lows of interest in poetry (considering who's on board at any given time). As others have supported and encouraged me over the years, I ask you to keep writing, keep posting, keep honing your craft.

Blessings and peace . . .

• Tallon
    Tallon

Hello CoCo

Thankyou for your post and encouragement. Really appreciate it.

Once again; where are all the other musicians and poets / lyricists?

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

What??? This post still lives????

Great

• JRK
    JRK

A half-assed musician here. I think your lyrics are great. Keep on plugging away!

I love my guitars too. I have a couple of Deans and an Ibanez acoustic that needs some luthier work. I miss playing the old dreadnought. I should take it to the shop soon.

For now it is between the resonator and solid body.

I think I will play some now.

JK

• Tallon
    Tallon

Thanks JRK. Really appreciate it.

• JRK
    JRK

Tallon,

Had a good time playing the resonator today, thank you for reminding me to pick it up! I hope you are having fun with yours too.

JK

• JRK
    JRK

Me and the Ibanez in better times:

JK

• JRK
    JRK

The Ibanez's nickname is Blondie, for obvious reasons.

JK

• JRK
    JRK

Maybe we can get a gofundme site started to fix the guitar. Nah, that is only good for a bicycle shakedown.

I am cool. I will do it myself, even though I never left the guitar unlocked.

JK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit