JW scientist banned from Institute's WebSite because of Creationistic Views

by GermanXJW 229 Replies latest jw friends

• rem
    rem
    But once again you get an elite group of people deciding how that data must be interpreted. You have some "outlandish" explanation of how these numbers could mean something other than our version? No diploma for you!!

Tell me how that sort of mind-set helps anyone in the quest for knowledge any more than the threat of excommunication helps people discern the Bible's message more clearly.

Spoken as a true non-scientist. Obviously this person has no idea what science is and has no real experience with scientific method or peer review. It's like listening to a highschool dropout actor try to discuss foreign policy.

rem

• Ed
    Ed
    By the way, are you a creationist?

Not particularly. Just unimpressed by people who can't tolerate other people thinking for themselves.

• Ed
    Ed
    Spoken as a true non-scientist. Obviously this person has no idea what science is and has no real experience with scientific method or peer review.

Okay, here's how we were taught to do scientific experiments when I was in high school:

1) Be told the purpose AND RESULT of the experiment
    2) Perform the experiment in such a way as to achieve that result
    3) Write that result on the exam paper or be marked 'wrong'

Oh, and my science teachers were a bunch of humourless cretins too, so maybe that has something to do with my attitude. Whatever.

• rem
    rem

Ed,

Maybe your problem is that you think science teachers are scientists. LOL

rem

• larc
    larc

REM,

I just love your stuff and your intellect.

As you stated science teachers in high school are not scientists. They have minimal training. His project while interesting and perhaps rigorous, was not real science of any magnitude either.

Hey Ed,

I do real science in the field of Psychology in the area of psychological tests and measurements, and on the reliability of human judgement.

Would you like to discuss it with me??????

My research will change the text books of the future. Trust me on this one.

Ed, You are probably a nice guy, but you are in way over your head here. AlanF, MS in Electrical Engineering from MIT, Farkel, an expert computer programer and a classical pianist have not shown up yet. Well, I could name others, but I think you get the point.

Ed, I don't mean to hurt your feelings or drive you away. I just want you to get a real taste of reality on your journey through life.

• Ed
    Ed
    Maybe your problem is that you think science teachers are scientists. LOL

That could be it.

• Ed
    Ed
    I just want you to get a real taste of reality on your journey through life.

What have I said that you disagree with? I only pointed out that people who propose viewpoints that differ significantly from the norm tend to meet a similar fate in both science and religion - shunning/merciless ridicule.

Anyway, I'm not against science or the pursuit of knowledge. Just the "more-highly-evolved-than-thou" attitude that often seems to go with it.

• larc
    larc

Ed,

I will grant you that. Both Scientists and Relgionists are not happy with new ideas. They both resist them.

• cellomould
    cellomould

Larc,

I just today had a good laugh when I remembered your story of 'beating the sh*t out of' a group of research subjects.

Are you going to tell that story again? So, you beat the sh*t out of them, then test their judgement?

LOL

cellmould

• Ed
    Ed
    I will grant you that.

LOL - you're just trying to shut me up before I make an even bigger idiot of myself. That's nice, I appreciate it. But I wasn't intending to labour the point much further anyway.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit