Elder doesn't know difference between new moon and full moon

by hoser 13 Replies latest jw friends

• hoser
    hoser

Today at the service group the elder leading couldn't figure out which was which. He was trying to convince us that the memorial was at the new moon.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Elder doesn't know difference between new moon and full moon

Image result for mooning

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

He should have asked this relative of his:

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Maybe he received his university education by reading the Awake!

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Yeah well I dunno bout it either.

At one place Bible says the moon will be forever (you know, because it's made of diamonds or something?)

At another place Bible says new heaven will come. Probably new moon included?

New covenant. New heavens. New moon. Makes sense, right?

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Well the WTS always liked to say that it required "no special abilities" in order to qualify as an elder!

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Today at the service group the elder leading couldn't figure out which was which. He was trying to convince us that the memorial was at the new moon.

Those are the men that Jehovah chose to advice us on major life decisions. We are not to question them, and we have to abide anything they come up with as an answer to every aspect of our lives. Doing so will guarantee eternal life in paradise!

I need some Purell after typing this.

• zeb
    zeb

New moon. dark night no light from the skies. Good to go fishing.

Full moon. bright night, may show affects on some who are so disposed (lunatics ?) no good for fishing.

The mix up? what is expected of someone who is poorly read without the most basic of education.

• RichardHaley
    RichardHaley
    New moon. dark night no light from the skies. Good to go fishing.
    Good for frogging too!
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

And that's what we are supposed to abide by? Anyone that cannot tell the new moon from the full moon should not be telling me what type of music I cannot listen to. Or making any sort of arrangements whatsoever that I need to abide by. It turns out that the wastefest happens 14 days after the new moon, which is usually very close to the amount of time it takes to become full.

What's this about astrology? Being able to tell new moon from full moon is no more astrology than day and night. Next thing, they will be trying to hold the wastefest in the morning instead of evening. Being that afraid of astrology is a recipe for disaster--I suppose that means living near the seacoast or fishing is taboo because you are affected by the tides (which are higher and lower during new and full moon, and more moderate during the quarters). Beyond that, they do use a form of astrology, since this damnation festival always seems to happen with the Sun in Aries, and always when the moon is in Libra. Reason???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit