Just got home from my FIRST day of work :D

by Jesika 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Jesika
    Jesika

Well, I didn't know what to expect. You never know what kind of people you will be working with untill you are aleady working there.

I spent most of the evening laughing. It was a bit tough at first, so I was the one breaking the ice with the others at work.

The guys in the kitchen are all Hispanic. I had been there for about 3 hrs, and was listening, best I could, to what they were saying to each other in Spanish.

Well, one of the guys said something, and I turned at him with a smile on my face, I called him a liar IN SPANISH. I am half Puerto Rican, so I know a little spanish.

Well, the guy I called a "liar" didn't notice at first I said it in Spanish, but just a couple secs later, he turned and looked at me, and said "HEY!!!!! You speak Spanish?!" LOL

So, in my broken Spanish, we talked back and forth, and that is what FINALLY broke the ice for everyone. We all started to relax around each other and kid around.

I think I am gonna like working there.

Later that night, one of the guys went next door and bought ice cream for everyone, I offered to pay for mine, but he wouldn't let me.

I got my schedule today, and I will be working 6 days a week, and off on Sunday.

I don't mind it being a Fast Food place, since the food is really good, and not all greasy. They serve anything from a whole roasted chicken, ham, turkey breast, to meatloaf with all the fixings to go with it.

No burgers and fries, nothing there so far that I have seen is fried. All homestyle!! For those of you who didn't know, I thought I would explain what kind of place it is.

I will keep you all posted, if anything changes.

Jes

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Congrats Jes and glad it went well

• Gopher
    Gopher

I enjoyed my few outings to Boston Market. As you indicated, there's a lot of fresh meat and vegetable offerings. It is truly one of the few "quality" fast food experiences I've had.

Unfortunately here in the Twin Cities, we felt it when the company had financial problems a few years ago. So most of the Boston Market stores closed just a couple years after they opened.

Thank the McDonalds corporation for coming to the rescue, making Boston Market their subsidiary and infusing some new life into it. I guess McDonalds realizes a certain part of the market will NEVER go to their burger-and-fries places, but they may come to Boston Market or to Chipotle for a quality fast-food experience.

Glad you're enjoying it there, Jesika. Your foot is in the door!!

• nilfun
    nilfun

Congrats on the new job. Your first day sounds like the start of something good

Take care

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Hey Jes! I didn't know you hablo-ed espanol. ¡Amo el Mercado de Boston!

I'm glad it went well.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

WooHoo Jes!!! I'm soooo prouda you!!! You go girl!

ESTEE <------------of the "I-knew-you-could-do-it" class

• beckyboop
    beckyboop

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Jesika))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Congratulations on your fun first day! I used to bus tables (did it for 2 years), and loved it because I had fun. I think that's the key with any job--have fun and enjoy the people you're with. I hope you continue to enjoy it!

Becky

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Jesika: cool...great to hear everything has worked out well for you there at work.

The place sounds really good, and the food yummy.

WHERE IS IT? LOL...we should all get on down to Jesika's Diner, eh?

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((((((((((((Jesika))))))))))))))))

You are one plucky little chica I must say! The more I know of you, the more I realize you are a beautiful person! I'm proud to know ya'.

Andi

PS: I LOVE Boston Market! PM me and let me know which one you're at. It may not be close enough for me to hit anytime soon, but I'll try!

• acsot
    acsot

Congrats to my Jesika! Way to go! You'll definitely add a sparkle to the place! I'm happy for you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit