Russia banning JWs might not have the "persecution effect" this time

by truthseeker 15 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Russia banning the organization might not have the same effect as the earlier ban did decades ago.

More and more people have access to the internet. It only takes a few Russian JWs to start their Google search for the first time to discover the truth about their religion.

Questions might arise, such as "why is Jehovah allowing this to happen?"

Consider too, the schism that happened when the Romanian JWs were cut off from Brooklyn. They ended up apostasizing.

Social media and the internet may not allow the persecution complex that JWs experienced under communist Russia.

Truthseeker

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It should be expected with confidence that the WTS heads (GB) will exploit the situation as a supporting propaganda vehicle.

Look for something soon in the Awake or Watchtower.

" Persecution of god's solemn true worshipers foretold "

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Yeah and a lot of good a letter writing champagne is going to have on the Russian government with all the scandals the Watchtower corporation is facing in the courts and all the negative talk on the internet. These sleaze bags are final getting what coming to them in one country after another.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

TRUTHSEEKER:

You have a point there and I thought the same thing.

This ban may not have the effect of years past. I think it is due in part to the Internet and the very publicized scandals of the Witness religion!

• smiddy
    smiddy

Wasnt false religion supposed to have been wiped out before the all out assault on JW`s was going to happen ?

Also JW`s are only one of many organizations that are banned in Russia as extremists.

And the list outlined in Tass is mainly Muslim or communist/totallitarian countries so no surprise there.

So whats really new here ? a big fat nothing..

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

While I don't condone banning religions I did like the list of reasons the Russian Supreme Court gave. They are extremists because they don't allow their children to belong to a school sports team, a club with other children or celebrate holidays and birthdays. These are extremist rules and it adds up to mistreatment of children so I hope you're right truthseeker and many will realise this is not persecution but the signs of a cult.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

After large increases in the 1990s JWs had already begun to decline in Russia and Eastern Europe in recent years. The ban this time won't be a replay of decades past. Many JWs were already apathetic. The ban might push many give up JW association altogether and leave a small core of fanatics.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Whatever happens, I agree with Finky. The 7 disgusting filthy pervert protectors, that rule from their luxury compound in Warwick, will spin this to their money making advantage.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Members of the United Nations should be monitoring the failings/wrongs / criminal activities ,abuses of children etc of organizations within their membership.

As regards Jehovahs Witnesses religion there are a number of ongoing cases dealing with child sexual abuses around the world.

Do these nations in the UN talk to each other ? Do they compare notes ?

if they did they would find that the religion of Jehovahs Witnesses fail dismally in protecting the children in their religion and even victimise them in some situations./circumstances.

country after country have found Jehovahs Witnesses wanting as far as protecting their children from abuse in their religious communities.

Spain ,America ,Australia ,the United Kingdom are just a few of the child sexual abuse claims before the courts at the present time.against the religion of Jehovahs Witnesses .

And that is just the tip of the iceberg.

When you do wrong or allow wrongdoing to go on under your watch and you become accountabile to that and are punished accordingly you cant then play the persecution card.and expect to get away with it.

Yet that seems to be the policy of the GB of JW`s

• cobweb
    cobweb
    There are differences between a ban now & in the past. In the internet age, JW's only need a good VPN to access the publications. But I wonder how much passion there is to deal with the realities of living in a banned country. Mustering enthusiasm for a fight requires something worth fighting for. The Watchtower of 2017 is a shadow of what it was 30 years ago. The JW belief system has become insubstantial and wishy washy. Would a JW today risk jail to read the new simplified edition of the watchtower as they would for literature in past times? I'm not convinced they would.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit